What has happened to Quicken?

The latest update 32.10 has trashed my files! Online update is erring repeatedly, duplicating entries, corrupting Reconciled entries, etc. I have spent hours correcting & balancing accounts. I have TURNED OFF Quicken Online Syncing! The Bills & Income screen is corrupted, showing double rows of ACTIONS overlaying needed information. It has become almost useless. Does Quicken do any testing before release or do they use the customer base to BETA test their releases? They should offer customers a free year after they fix this release to compensate for the hours of time lost correcting the product. #VERY DISAPPOINTED
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓

Hello @Jeff407

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issues you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓

Hello @Jeff407

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issues you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• macd3incbus
    macd3incbus Member ✭✭
    Exact same thing has happened to me. I have messed up RECONCILED entries SOMEWHERE in my decades of use. I have at least narrowed it down to a fairly round number. But not finding out where it went wrong yet. I have also been experiencing Bills magically disappearing from my to do list as well. Something went terribly wrong recently. I keep getting a window popup box thats blank everytime I do a 1 step update. No idea what its supposed to say. This is a bad one.
  • Waterwheel
    Waterwheel Member ✭✭
    I've been getting duplicate transactions showing up in the downloads a day after the originals
  • Ben1
    Ben1 Member
    Since Release R32.10 build 27.1.32.10
    Having problems with Reconcile all deposits (ONLY) not showing in deposit windows all (ALL PAYMENTS display correct) ....only the first BANK DEPOSIT display out of 10....Problem on starting after update(???)
  • Jeff407
    Jeff407 Member
    Is Quicken monitoring or correcting these issues? They want me to renew! Are they serious? I was much happier with the desktop version (without their “Online” enhancements).
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that you'll discover that the SuperUsers aren't using Q Web or Q Mobile either .... because of multitudinous problems with them.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    If you're using Quicken Mobile, quit immediately. That feature is badly damaged since it will corrupt your desktop data. There are posts on this issue since October 2020 if not earlier.

When I would sync to my mobile data (which I don't anymore) it damaged my checking account, transactions were missing after the sync finished and old accounts I have zero balances in were suddenly carrying balances.

Using the help suggestions in past posts on this issue didn't work. The only "fix" (and it isn't really a fix) is first turning off Mobile Sync then restore from a known good backup file.