anyway to only download new transactions from today

Hi, I want to download new transactions going forward from today as I have reconciled my account and don't want it to mess up my up to date reconciliation. I didn't see an option to configure download and to prevent prior transactions. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only possible way to manage the dates downloaded, if your banks/cards/etc permit this, is to discontinue One Step Update (discontinue both Direct Connect and Express Web Connect) and initiate each individual download directly from the bank/card/etc website ... ASSUMING that such websites allow date selection.
    HOWEVER, previously downloaded  transactions shouldn't, under normal circumstances, re-download.  So your issue may be moot.
    Also, if you turn OFF the feature to automatically add downloaded transactions to your accounts ... you can at least review each transaction to see if it meets your date requirement.  EDIT, Preferences, Downloaded Transactions and UNcheck the 2 "Automatically Add ..." boxes at the top of that window.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the quick response! However, the previous transactions were manually entered. This is for a brokerage account. I tried turning on the downloads and it downloaded almost 2 years worth of transactions(some match, some almost match and most don't match) which I have to manually delete. I ended up restoring to my previous backup.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you're using a Windows subscription, I suggest you create new brokerage account, accept all the downloaded transactions, delete all the transactions you do not want to keep, and move the transactions from the original brokerage account to the new account.
  • TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock! What I might try is just allow the previous downloads and just delete them all. Anyone one know if there's a way to delete or ignore all the transaction downloads without editing/deleting each one at a time?
  • TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    It took me about 15 mins to delete all 200 plus downloaded transactions. So I am good to go with new downloads. Brokerage accounts are trickier than banking as we all post these transactions a little differently. Hence, I couldn't use the downloaded transactions without messing up my reconciled account. It would be a nice feature to be able to ignore or delete more than one downloaded transaction at a time. I wonder why delete for multiple transactions are not available perhaps to prevent accidental typos? You can accept one or accept all? Why not ignore/delete on or ignore/delete all?
    Blessings!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    TF said:
    Thanks Sherlock! What I might try is just allow the previous downloads and just delete them all. Anyone one know if there's a way to delete or ignore all the transaction downloads without editing/deleting each one at a time?
    If you're using a Quicken subscription, we may delete multiple investment transaction at a time from the account: press Ctrl + Shift + N and selecting Edit Multiple Transactions

If you're using an earlier version, we may delete multiple investment transactions at a time using a customized Transaction report: select Reports > Banking > Transaction
  • TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock! Does this work for the downloaded transaction list?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    TF said:
    Thanks Sherlock! Does this work for the downloaded transaction list?
    We may only delete multiple downloaded transactions at a time in non-investment accounts.
  • TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock!