Unable to add Royal Bank of Canada account to Quicken

When I try to add a Royal Bank of Canada account to Quicken I get a CC-503 error; according to another post I've seen, this is a Quicken server issue. Is this a known issue and if so, when will it be fixed.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @qwritedoc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to try adding the account you were unable to add in your original file.

After adding accounts, see if you experience the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• qwritedoc
    qwritedoc Member
    Version R32.10, Build 27.1.32.0

Followed the steps, no difference. Still got Error CC-503 (Direct) or CC-501 (Dominio).

I've also been getting a message that Quicken's Online service is not available (I've been getting it all day)
  • Quicken Anja
    @qwritedoc Thank you for your response and for providing additional details.

qwritedoc said:
    I've also been getting a message that Quicken's Online service is not available (I've been getting it all day)
    Since you are receiving the Quicken Online Service is Unavailable error message, I suggest that you please review and follow the troubleshooting instructions found in this Community FAQ first to resolve this error. Once that is done, see if it will also resolve the initial CC-503 error code you are receiving. If not, we will move forward from there.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• qwritedoc
    qwritedoc Member
    No longer getting the Quicken Online service unavailable error; tried adding Royal Bank account again, no change, still getting the CC-503 error
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2021
    @qwritedoc Thank you for trying those troubleshooting instructions and providing an update, though I am sorry to hear that it did not resolve the CC-503 error for you.

At this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files in order to discover the root cause of the error and will likely be required to file an escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that my efforts from here in the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.