Portfolio Register - Stock Ticker Symbol

Options
How do I customize register to change Investment security Name to Ticker Symbol. I can't find a way to do that. If this is not yet available, I'd like to vote to add this.
Thank you
Tagged:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We may use any unique name for a security we'd like.  If you want to change a security name, press Ctrl + Y, right-click on the security and select Edit.
  • Marino
    Marino Member
    Options
    This did not answer my question. When I downloaded the security from my broker, the register shows security name, but not the ticker symbol. When I do what you are suggesting, I see the Ticker Symbol Column shows up on the security list. I'd like to have something like that on the portfolio register and I don't see where I can set up that preference.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To have the ticker appear in the transaction list, you must rename the security so that the name begins with the ticker, like
    IBM - International Business Machines
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Marino
    Marino Member
    Options
    May I request that Quicken shall have customize feature to show the Ticker Symbol or show both Ticker Symbol and Security name. I do a lot of trading of different security, and having this customize feature would help me tremendously. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.