How do I get missing transactions to download?

SFL
SFL Member
I have a 30 day time frame where transactions from my bank didn't download into quicken. I have done one step multiple times but they still don't download. This has never happened before. How do I fix this issue?

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Perhaps, did they INDEED download ... but were somehow deleted?
    Because Q remembers previously downloaded transactions ... and won't accept them into the register again.   This is also why your multiple downloads don't improve things.
    SO, your only option is to pull  out the various statements, and manually input the missing transactions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also try this FAQ: FAQ - Download old transactions
    If they still don't import, you can edit the QFX file (using Notepad) and append a character to the FITID field to make it different for each of the transactions that you want added.  By change the FITID value in each transaction, it makes Quicken think it is a different transaction than was downloaded previously.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps, did they INDEED download ... but were somehow deleted?
    Because Q remembers previously downloaded transactions ... and won't accept them into the register again.   This is also why your multiple downloads don't improve things.
    SO, your only option is to pull  out the various statements, and manually input the missing transactions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also try this FAQ: FAQ - Download old transactions
    If they still don't import, you can edit the QFX file (using Notepad) and append a character to the FITID field to make it different for each of the transactions that you want added.  By change the FITID value in each transaction, it makes Quicken think it is a different transaction than was downloaded previously.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.