Investment report does not display the AMOUNT but accounted for in "Overall Total"

nima
nima Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Hello,

When generating an investment report, certain ContribX/Withdrawx/Cash in/out "Amounts" are not displayed ON the APPROPRIATE line in the generated report (the line shows date, category, memo etc, but just not the amount) - BUT it is accounted for in the "Overall" total line at the bottom.

Just for simplicity of reproducing the Use Case and troubleshooting, I can easily show it by just reducing the date to the desired specific date, and in the settings, I have selected just about everything selectable to ensure that not nothing is missed.

When the report is generated, the column is missing the AMOUNT, but the value is accounted for in the overall total line down below.
Please note, it is also NOT a hidden account nor is it using any TAGS. And again, I have selected and experimented with just about every settings that is available.

Here is a text output of the report (too bad I can't show images in this topic)

Date Account Action Security Symbol Category Memo Quote/Price Shares Commission Cash Amount Invested Cash+Invest Exchange Rate

Questrade TFSA USD$
8/7/2015 Questrade TFSA USD$ ContribX -Cash- [Scotiabank US Chequing] Transfer to Questrade TFSA USD 1
TOTAL Questrade TFSA USD$ 0 1,000.00 0 1,000.00

OVERALL TOTAL 0 1,000.00 0 1,000.00

Basically, the $1,000 transaction amount is not showing on the line where the "ContribX" is on 8/7/2015 . The amount is missing and then there is just a "1" where the Exchange rate column is (on display, it is 1.00, but text export just puts 1)

But as you can see, the $1,000 amount is in the overall total because in fact, there was a $1,000 contribution to the account.

Any ideas?

This has been a problem that has been plaguing my usage of Quicken for years (using Quicken for 20yrs now) but I am just about getting to report it as you would have thought by now it should have been resolved.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can attach images to your posts. Save the screen shot to your desktop, then drag the icon into the text composition area. Please do so. Your textual rendering is hard to parse.
    Also, you should mention that you are using Quicken Canada, otherwise people will assume you're using the US version.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• nima
    nima Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the response.
    Correct, my issue is with the Canadian Edition.
    Here is a snapshot attached.
  • nima
    nima Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Ok. Thanks for pointing it out.

I actually searched with different keywords but didn't come across anything.

Nonetheless, I see that discussion closed with no apparent fix.

I suppose it's a bug then. How is one supposed notify Quicken of this long standing issue?

Thanks
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    nima said:
    Ok. Thanks for pointing it out.

I actually searched with different keywords but didn't come across anything.

Nonetheless, I see that discussion closed with no apparent fix.

I suppose it's a bug then. How is one supposed notify Quicken of this long standing issue?

Thanks
    Select Help > Report a problem...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021
    It seems like this issue has been around for a long while, with no resolution in sight. I remember this been an issue back in 2017 when I was creating some investment reports. I also know that some of investment reports do not total correctly. One can easily see this when they bring in reports to Excel and compare them to totals that Quicken comes up with. Recently, I discovered that cost is not being adjusted properly when using the "removed shares" transaction on certain securities. It seems the developers are not familiar enough with the investment side of Quicken to make updates or corrections. Never the less, it is perplexing why these investment issues never get fixed, or even looked at, or acknowledged.
This discussion has been closed.