It does not let me add a transaccion in some accounts, before yesterday no problem

Today, I try to add a transaccion in one of my accounts and does not let me, when I go to Edit, Transaccion, New, says that I need to upgrade to quicken premier, why? Last moth I used and I did not have any problems. I have Quicken Starter

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can't.  I think the best you can do is to create a new cash account and go from there.  You won't even be able to get the balance out of the asset account because it is frozen.  Maybe you can create the new cash account and make the asset account "separate" (on the display options tab when you edit the account click the top checkbox.)  Then, to get the transactions into the cash account I don't think you can move them from the asset but you might be able to copy the transactions (select them all and right click and select "copy transactions".  Then go to the cash account and click on a transaction line and right click and select "paste transactions")

Hopefully that will help.  Good luck!

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Did your subscription expire?  Try going to Help > Check membership status or Help > About Quicken.  Does it say your membership is valid?

note that with the starter subscription once it expires you can no longer enter data.  With Deluxe and above you can.  
  • luismercia
    luismercia Member
    it not expired, Starter
    Start taking control of your money
    $35.99/yr
    Renews Mar 25, 2022
  • luismercia
    luismercia Member
    My question is, why some accounts I can and other accounts I con NOT ?
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What accounts?   By any chance did you just renew your subscription and “downgrade” to starter?
  • luismercia
    luismercia Member
    no, I upgrade it
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot “upgrade” to starter.  It is the lowest version.  In starter you can only use banking accounts (checking, credit cards etc).  That is why I ask what accounts won’t let you enter transactions 
  • luismercia
    luismercia Member
    I always use baking, I ment upgrade from my oldest version 2013
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, but you have starter.  What did you have previously?

Just to be sure, specifically what account will not let you enter transactions?   Is it checking, savings, credit card or some other type?
  • luismercia
    luismercia Member
    Savings and spending, some I can and some I can not
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue (the complete register view of the new transaction you are trying to enter, just before you get the error message), sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• luismercia
    luismercia Member
    I attach the files, let me know if you can see them
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can see them but what type of account is the 2nd one?  Can you open the account list and for that account click the edit button and the do a screenshot of that?
  • luismercia
    luismercia Member
    I can see now that the one I can not is an ASSET and the one I can do is a CASH type. How can I change the asset to cash ?
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can't.  I think the best you can do is to create a new cash account and go from there.  You won't even be able to get the balance out of the asset account because it is frozen.  Maybe you can create the new cash account and make the asset account "separate" (on the display options tab when you edit the account click the top checkbox.)  Then, to get the transactions into the cash account I don't think you can move them from the asset but you might be able to copy the transactions (select them all and right click and select "copy transactions".  Then go to the cash account and click on a transaction line and right click and select "paste transactions")

Hopefully that will help.  Good luck!
  • Steve west
    Steve west Member ✭✭
    Possible solution:
    I have had the "paste transaction" greyed out problem too; in investment accounts. I was able to copy the desired transaction, then go to the empty (date only) entry at the bpttom, hit "ctrl+i" to insert, and a box to edit the copied transaction pops up. This worked for a withdrawal transaction. I'm not sure why Quicken doesn't allow a regular copy/paste; the withdrawal is for a fee which occurs every quarter, so it's good to not have to create it from scratch.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possible solution:
    I have had the "paste transaction" greyed out problem too; in investment accounts. I was able to copy the desired transaction, then go to the empty (date only) entry at the bpttom, hit "ctrl+i" to insert, and a box to edit the copied transaction pops up. This worked for a withdrawal transaction. I'm not sure why Quicken doesn't allow a regular copy/paste; the withdrawal is for a fee which occurs every quarter, so it's good to not have to create it from scratch.

Sorry, but for a Quicken Starter Edition user who 'downgraded' from a different edition level, Deluxe or higher (but an older year's version), investment accounts are not supported.
    For your situation, have you looked at Memorized investment transactions?
    Right-click a previous quarterly fee transaction and select Memorize investment transaction from the popup.
    To use memorized investment transactions add a "Memorized Investment Transactions" icon to the Quicken Toolbar. Click this icon to work with the transactions in this memorized list.
This discussion has been closed.