update error

Options
I just performed the most recent update to quicken. Now everything is stuck in 2017!! I can't find the current year...what can I do?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Susan Heath

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like we potentially may have opened up an old file or something along that nature. To start of here we can go into Quicken and double check to see if there isn't a more recent file. It should appear if you go across the top to file > 2(File Name/Location). This file should be your second most recently used file. See if anything appears here. If not we can try finding something else. 

Additionally if you're in the same file but just can't see anything other than 2017 a screenshot of one of the registers will also help us figure out exactly what could be happening. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Once you get the chance let us know more about the issue you're having. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Susan Heath
    Susan Heath Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here is the sreenshot...does this help ??
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based upon what you've shown in your graphic, "July 9, 2017" appears to be your file name ... and has nothing to do with what Q product you're running.  Do HELP, About Quicken to see that info.
    Also, I'd suggest changing your file name (FILE, Save a copy as).  Q sometimes has difficulties with file names that contain spaces or special characters (the comma).
    Q's preferred format for a file name follows the 8.3 convention, where the first 8 characters can be pretty much everything (except spaces and special characters) and the last 3 are QDF.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ALSO, are you accounts filtered to only show the year 2017?  Click the RESET button at the top of the account register to undo any filters.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP