I have Q2019 and was just forced to buy new version to continue

I have Q2019 and tried to get on to enter info and I was forced to buy new version to continue. What is going on?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Bill1947

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share your experience. 

Quicken is now a subscription product. Quicken Subscription is designed so that you never go through the upgrade process again. In addition to online banking, you’ll automatically receive new Quicken features, versions, and services as part of your Quicken subscription, so you'll always have the newest product. To provide you with these new features, a subscription is required.  All future Quicken products will be subscription products.

To learn more about the Quicken subscription, please see the information available here.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you any additional questions or concerns.

-Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Bill1947
    Bill1947 Member
    edited April 2021
    email [Removed-Privacy]
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Bill1947

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share your experience. 

Quicken is now a subscription product. Quicken Subscription is designed so that you never go through the upgrade process again. In addition to online banking, you’ll automatically receive new Quicken features, versions, and services as part of your Quicken subscription, so you'll always have the newest product. To provide you with these new features, a subscription is required.  All future Quicken products will be subscription products.

To learn more about the Quicken subscription, please see the information available here.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you any additional questions or concerns.

-Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bill1947, Are you (were you) running Quicken "Starter Edition"? 
    Because you're already on the subscription product (Q2019) and ONLY Starter becomes "Read Only" when the subscription expires.
    If you're not running Starter, please explains exactly what happened when you tried to input data.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Bill1947
    Bill1947 Member
    I'm not sure I like this subscription thing. I always get my quicken every 2 years, so I was due anyway. I need to find if there is any other products that I can use that doesn't do this. For sure I will keep Quicken because I just paid for it.
    Thank you for your answers,
    Bill
This discussion has been closed.