How do I setup 2 line transactions in Q Mac

Options
Sumfun
Sumfun Member ✭✭
I had Quicken Windows and have moved to Quicken MacBook. I used to have 2 lines for transactions. Now I had to click "EditDetails." How do get Q to display in 2 lines?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken Mac doesn’t have a two line register mode.  On the other hand it has a much more flexible register where you can move columns around and such.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken Mac doesn’t have a two line register mode.  On the other hand it has a much more flexible register where you can move columns around and such.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken Mac has a different user interface, and there is no 2-line display in based on a checkbook as in older versions of both Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac.

There are advantages and disadvantages to the 1-line display in Quicken Mac. You can show or hide whatever columns you want, arrange them in the order you want, adjust the width of every column -- and do this independently on each register. It's easier to skim a column of text or numbers when there aren't alternating lines of other data. The only real downside is that if you use a lot of columns, you need to keep your Quicken window fairly wide.

I'm not sure why you're finding you need to click Edit Details. You can add the Memo column and/or the Tags column to your register, and then you don't need Edit Details. For Splits, you can open that pane if you learn the keyboard shortcut Command-Option-S.

If there is a specific problem you're dealing with, please post back with more details.

I will offer the comment that having used Quicken Mac for 20+ years with a 2-line display, when I first started using the new Quicken Mac, I found it jarring and wanted my familiar look back. As I used Quicken Mac for awhile, I began to appreciate the ease of scrolling and spotting things on a screenful of data more easily than the old 2-line display. Today, I'm totally sold on the 1-line display being better -- for me at least. I sometimes still launch my old Quicken 2007 with its 2-line display, and now that looks jarring and less inviting! So my only advice is not to convince yourself that Quicken Mac's 1-line display is inferior. It's different. And most people don't like change, so it takes awhile to get used to it. In the end, you may have a specific reason it's not as good for you as the old Quicken Windows interface… but you might also come around to liking this new look better, as I did. Just give yourself some time to retrain your eyes and brain. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.