Reinstalling on a different drive letter

Options
I currently have Quicken installed on drive D: which is an external USB drive. I would like to re-install on drive C: so I can run Quicken without having to have the external drive connected. How can I do this?

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You need to uninstall and then when you reinstall.
    It should in fact default to the C: drive but if it doesn't you can change the install location like you must have to get it on the D: drive.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • kromedome42303
    kromedome42303 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No, just the opposite unfortunately. :-)

The USB drive D: is from my previous laptop that died during a failed BIOS update. :-( (I told it not to do the update but it did it anyway and then failed....now it's a brick.) When I installed the Quicken program on my new laptop, I installed it to drive D:. But, my new system doesn't like to keep the USB drive mounted...it's constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. So, I moved my data files to drive C: but the program is still on drive D:.

Thanks for double-checking.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You need to uninstall and then when you reinstall.
    It should in fact default to the C: drive but if it doesn't you can change the install location like you must have to get it on the D: drive.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just confirming that the Quicken program is on the USB drive and not just the Quicken .QDF data file is there?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• kromedome42303
    kromedome42303 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No, just the opposite unfortunately. :-)

The USB drive D: is from my previous laptop that died during a failed BIOS update. :-( (I told it not to do the update but it did it anyway and then failed....now it's a brick.) When I installed the Quicken program on my new laptop, I installed it to drive D:. But, my new system doesn't like to keep the USB drive mounted...it's constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. So, I moved my data files to drive C: but the program is still on drive D:.

Thanks for double-checking.