transactions already reconciled re-appearing in download

Since the last product update, every time I do a one-step update, over a year's worth of utility bills re-appear in one of my credit card accounts as un-reconciled transactions. It is only one payee, and it happens every time. I have to go back and check them all off again to complete the account reconciliation process. I have run all of the relevant file utilities to no avail.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jimaikins
    jimaikins Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Following up: the problem WAS with the year-end copy function. For some reason, that process "insisted" on retaining these select transactions, even though they were well outside of the date range that I wanted to preserve in my new file. The solution was to delete and re-enter them all again as reconciled transactions. The one-step update process no longer re-inserts them, and my account has the correct balance.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @jimaikins

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jimaikins
    jimaikins Member ✭✭✭
    I will try this, but I did a little more exploring. In addition to having recently downloaded the most recent version of Quicken…I also did a Year-End Copy.
    I believe the Year-End Copy is what corrupted my file as the “phantom transactions” (the previously reconciled ones that reappear – unreconciled – with each One Step Update) are all “too old” to be in my new file.
  • jimaikins
    jimaikins Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Following up: the problem WAS with the year-end copy function. For some reason, that process "insisted" on retaining these select transactions, even though they were well outside of the date range that I wanted to preserve in my new file. The solution was to delete and re-enter them all again as reconciled transactions. The one-step update process no longer re-inserts them, and my account has the correct balance.
  • dougval
    dougval Member
    have the same issue as stated above about one step update downloading already reconciled transactions,,,been going on for months...just been manually doing everything and now when i do go to reconcile it states that there are no uncleared or cleared transactions??? so i manually reconcile...whats the point of this
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Hello @dougval

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Roros
    Roros Member
    I also have been having problem with one step update since last software update--downloading already reconciled transactions and entering into account requiring manual correction after each download. Any idea when this may be addressed. I have been using Quicken for over 30 years--both the problem and lack of response are unacceptable.