Is Vanguard's 401(k) arm supported for download?

Employer has switched 401(k) servicers to Vanguard (Ascensus) and I cannot find them listed in the setup download dialogs... the web site is myaccount.acensus.com/rplink (and from reading prior community posts it seems this used to be ""Vanguard Ascensus Retirement" (www.my.vanguardplan.com)" but neither show now. Please tell me Quicken hasn't dropped support for a provider as large as Vanguard/Ascensus.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @PhilT,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues trying yo connect to your 401k account.  I suggest that when you search for your financial institution, that you search on "ascensus" and then select "FuturePlan by Ascenses per this Snip:

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• PhilT
    PhilT Member
    I've tried this (the futureplan selection) over the span of a few days and I consistently receive a CC-502 in the Add Account dialog. Running R 32.12 on Windows 10. I have even created a new Quicken dummy file with no other accounts than the 401(k) I'm trying to track to eliminate issues with my rather large and old data file, and I get the same result.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @PhilT,

In the original data file, I would suggest that you follow the guidance located in the "Second" section of this LINK1 (i.e. the "refresh account information" part).  If that doesn't work, I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support for more help - here's that LINK2.

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• PhilT
    PhilT Member
    Thanks for the continued feedback, Frankx, but this is a new account (because you can't switch servicers on the old account) and it's throwing the CC-502 when attempting to set up the online services. It does this from both the old file/new account and a new file/account.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @PhilT,

I suggest that you contact Quicken Support as they will be able to review log files to help you fix this problem - here's that LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• gdnal
    gdnal Member
    Sorry, I'm trying to find Ascensus in the list at all. Is it available for Quicken for Mac?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @gdnal,

According to the latest Financial Institution Directory for Mac, Ascensus is on the list, therefore you should be able to download via the Quicken Connect method.  

Here's the data that appears:
    66696	66696	66696	Ascensus - RPLink	http://www.ascensus.com/	N/A	https://api.ascensus.com/rplink/logon.cfm	ACTIVE	 	 	 	ACCOUNTINFO,INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT	NOT_QBP	NA
    07886	07886	07886	Ascensus version of Vanguard Plans	http://www.ascensus.com/	973.758.1981	https://api.ascensus.com/rplink/logon.cfm	ACTIVE	 	 	 	ACCOUNTINFO,INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT	NOT_QBP	NA

Frankx

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I just tried creating a new account in Quicken Mac, and I see several options come up for Ascensus:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gdnal
    gdnal Member
    Sorry, I still don't see it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Hmmm, now I'm puzzled, too. I may have been using a different version when I post my screenshot. I looked in the text file which contains all the financial institutions (it's called fidir.txt, in the same folder as your Quicken data file), and it contains the entries for Ascensus; they should be showing up in the new account window. 

Try this: instead of selecting to add a 401k account, select add Checking account. When I try that in version 6.3.3, I see the Ascensus entries. Try picking one and seeing if it will add the account, and then properly classify it as a 401k account. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gdnal
    gdnal Member
    Very interesting. When I tried with a checking account, it was there: "Ascensus version of Vanguard Plans". Thanks!

Unfortunately, it can't get through set up. I get a server communication error as in this screenshot.
  • gdnal
    gdnal Member
    There was an even better option "Vanguard Ascensus Retirement" in the Other Results section of the "Add Checking Account" modal. Unfortunately, still have a sync issue as in this screenshot. Thanks again for all the help!
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    you may want to check with Vanguard to see if your company has the Quicken Download as part of their plan.  I know that my company switched from Vanguard to Fidelity and the download did not function.  Contacted Fidelity (since I already had Fidelity accounts so I knew that I could download from Fidelity, but was not seeing my 401-K).  They said that option was not in the plan with my Company.  I think enough feedback was rec'd by our HR that they did add it and notified employees via email communication.  so even though its a different company, apparntly 401-K management has different options or levels that a company can select.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @gdnal

I suggest that you try this fix:

You need to reset the Quicken cloud: 

1. Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services 

2. Click Reset

Once this has completed, please try to connect again.  Let me know if you still get the sync error. 

Frankx

• gdnal
    gdnal Member
    Thanks. I reset the connected services and retried Ascensus. Still hit with this error. It seems so promising, but no cigar yet.
This discussion has been closed.