State Employees Credit Union NC - OL-220-A Errors

Answers

• dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    Finally connected for first time since 4/16. Actually connected 3 out of 4 times.
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Alerts page of the Quicken Community hasn't been updated to indicate it's fixed, but I connected also just now...twice.

• dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    Latest reply from SECU in reference to my complaint this AM:

Thank you for the message. Unfortunately, the connection issues were reported as resolved earlier this morning, but have since begun again. We have all available resources looking into the issue and hope to have a resolution as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you.
  • Yea!! Was just able to connect. First time in a couple of weeks.
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    Successful download 2 days in a row. We may be out of this mess for now.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    > @Ken McAdams said:
    > The Alerts page of the Quicken Community hasn't been updated to indicate it's fixed, but I connected also just now...twice. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7892179/new-4-14-2021-state-employees-credit-union-nc-error-ol-220-a#latest

Funny, "received reports", yeah for 4 months solid, I've opted to report a problem every time the problem occurs, I'll run 10 download attempts a day when it glitches & will send every one of them. I encourage all else to do the same, maybe that's what caused some action, and maybe the continuous complaints here!

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

• sangley
    sangley Member ✭✭
    My SECU update has worked an unprecedented two days in a row. Maybe fixed for good? Time will tell.
  • WendyO
    WendyO Member ✭✭
    Worked yesterday - back at the errors today.
    Looks like another 5 hour call with Quicken to repair. This is ridiculous.
  • Worked this morning, but not working now.
  • WendyO
    WendyO Member ✭✭
    > @retiredincary2006 said:
    > Worked this morning, but not working now.

I got it to work yesterday & then jacked up again today. My last call to Quicken - call SECU.
    Curious - how are you connected? Express or Direct?
  • WendyO
    WendyO Member ✭✭
    For those of you who have updated today 4/20/21 successfully - are you set up Express or Direct? After yet another lengthy call with Quicken - they've directed me back to SECU....which is useless. I'm curious how those that are making connection are connected.
  • retiredincary2006
    retiredincary2006 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    From my experience it works fine with Express but doesn't with Direct. Direct worked fine yesterday and this morning but not now. This is an SECU problem.
  • QuickSince93
    QuickSince93 Member ✭✭
    OK second time I think I got it fixed. I deactivated all 9 NCSECU accounts. Double checked they were deactivated. Not that it takes a while sometimes before you get an active OK button in the deactivation window when you deactivate an account esp if they have a lot of transactions. I logged out of Quicken and then logged in fresh. Then I reactivated by using the "Add account" feature and searched for NCSECU. When the NCSECU bank option is found, in the right window under the logo choose "advanced options" and make sure you pick web connect. I was then able to relink all my NCSECU accounts. I have logged out and in several times and was able to successfully update several times. This seems to work and validates what the NCSECU response has been to use Web Connect until Direct Connect is fixed. As we all have experienced, tomorrow is a different day. Hopefully I am still good tomorrow.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    It's back, OL-220-A. FYI, I do direct connect. NCSECU wanted us to change last year but a significant pct of users could not have success with the web connect method, I was one of them (this according to a key IT person at NCSECU). So the left the direct connect option in place and voila, seems like they're monkeying with the system again.

• UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    We had a good run. 
  • PuppyKat
    PuppyKat Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    7:15 a.m. April 20 - successful download. Today, 7:30 a.m. OL-220-A error is back. I don't care WHAT SECU is telling customers, but there is definitely some kind of end-game here. WHY was I able to download on April 16 after a full week of getting an error? WHY was I able to download on April 20 after several days of getting an error? They ARE able to fix whatever's wrong or none of us would get successful downloads in between all of the errors. I just sent yet another problem report to Quicken and told them this: once and for all, Quicken needs to inform its SECU customers that Quicken is no longer compatible with that bank. In 2020, there was almost a month-long period of download errors. I thought all was rectified until the errors returned earlier this year. This is probably my last post - I am done with BOTH of them.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Anybody got a good replacement recommendation for NCSECU? Any avoids out there for SE NC?

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    More BS messages from NCSECU saying they've got all available resources on it, I pointed out that I'll be seeking a replacement for NCSECU that does work with Quicken. Apparently NCSECU needs to fire the current available resources and replace them with ones that know how to fix this issue!

• retiredincary2006
    retiredincary2006 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Well for now, I've just gone to Web Express Connect. It is working fine except much slower than Direct Connect. Maybe someday SECU will get their mess figured out, but I doubt it. May ultimately switch to a different bank. I used Wells Fargo before and they were pretty good. Problem is I have a lot drafted out of my account and I really don't want to go to the trouble of switching everything.
  • jjmdj
    jjmdj Member ✭✭
    (To jhansen) In addition to SECU, I have had accounts at PNC Bank for a number of years. Quicken (Direct Connect) works very well with PNC. Like others posting on this subject, I've about had it with SECU. Back in the day, their interest rates were marginally better than commercial banks. Now, no reasonable interest rates anywhere.
  • sasha
    sasha Member ✭✭
    I've been messaging them every day when I get errors (probably 10 of the last 12 days) and get back the same canned responses as have been reported here. Yesterday I asked that they please at least add a manual QFX download option (they currently only offer CSV). I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice to be able to get data ourselves, somehow. Super frustrating.
  • facanady
    facanady Member ✭✭
    I'm glad I found this thread. I have also been getting OL-220-A for SECU - intermittently all year and more persistently the past few weeks.

A couple of months ago I switched to Direct Connect and, as others reported, it downloaded a bunch of old transactions that had already been reconciled. Took hours to fix. But, perhaps coincidentally, I stopped getting OL-220-A errors for a while.

I'm running Quicken Home and Business & Rental Property R32.12 Build 27.1.32.12. I doubt that matters.

Does anyone know if this is specific to NC SECU? If it is and they don't fix it I may switch to a different bank.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    > @facanady said:
    > I'm glad I found this thread. I have also been getting OL-220-A for SECU - intermittently all year and more persistently the past few weeks.
    >
    > A couple of months ago I switched to Direct Connect and, as others reported, it downloaded a bunch of old transactions that had already been reconciled. Took hours to fix. But, perhaps coincidentally, I stopped getting OL-220-A errors for a while.
    >
    > I'm running Quicken Home and Business & Rental Property R32.12 Build 27.1.32.12. I doubt that matters.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this is specific to NC SECU? If it is and they don't fix it I may switch to a different bank.

Absolutely NCSECU problem. It really all started about 1.5 years ago when they started monkeying with security and most likely implemented 2FA. They were trying to get all users switched over to the Express, but it failed for a portion of users (like me and a few others on this thread). In theory they abandoned, but then we started in earnest getting the ol-220-a in January-ish, which means they are once again monkeying with the servers, etc... Time for a new bank.

• ncbob828
    ncbob828 Member
    Has anyone got a response from SECU regarding fixing this issue? Still cannot connect to them.
  • sasha
    sasha Member ✭✭
    I just tried to switch from Direct Connect to the other one, and it completely screwed up my balances - not just because of duplicate transactions, but something else that would have required more time and brainpower than I have right now. Had to restore from backup and getting ready to deal with manual transactions from the past week. Beyond frustrated and feeling helpless - I can't really give up either the bank or Quicken at this point.
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    Did that too. It was a mess. Restored a backup and just waiting again. 
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I tried dropping back to Express Web Connect, and ended up with a mess that I know how to correct, but it would take more time than I want to invest right now. I restored my backup from yesterday, and am back to Direct Connect which doesn't work. Like UNCLogans, I will try to ride it out (which is the advice I gave a few days ago). I should follow my own advice.
    I would like to know what "all available resources" means for SECU. Could mean zero, I guess. COVID may be an issue for them too. I'm still giving them the benefit of a doubt.
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    > @ncbob828 said:
    > Has anyone got a response from SECU regarding fixing this issue? Still cannot connect to them.

This was their reply yesterday to my questions about not being able to connect:

"Dear Member,

Thank you for your reply. We understand your frustrations with Quicken not being able to connect successfully. Please know that we are working diligently to resolve this issue so that our members can connect successfully, as well as consistently. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and hope to have a resolution for this as soon as possible."

I have contacted them several times this past week and this is the type of reply I get each time. Evidently they do not have a competent IT dept. or they have not prioritized the issue.
  • cmscraps03
    cmscraps03 Member
    It's been days since I've been able to update. :/
  • wendyf209
    wendyf209 Member ✭✭
    So frustrating, that's just all that can be said at this point. Just spent an hour manually adding every transaction over the last week.
This discussion has been closed.