Long Standing Bug - Inconsistent Currency Symbols and Date Formats

dipe_c
dipe_c Mac Beta Beta
This problem has existed for a long time. Hope it gets sorted out in this iteration.

No matter what currency and date formats are followed in the Accounts, in Reports, they get jumbled up. Date dd-mm-yyyy becomes m-d-yy or mm-dd-yyyy, and currency changes arbitrarily. Here's an example:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dipe_c,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

I will go ahead and test this issue to see if I can replicate it, in which case I can then go ahead and submit a bug report for it as well. However, in the meantime; could you please tell us if you are seeing this issue in multiple/all report formats, or does this issue only occur in just this one Tax Schedule (US) report in particular?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dipe_c
    dipe_c Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2021
    Hi Anja,

I'm running 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100). Also running Quicken Beta, with the same (copied-over) data file.

To replicate, set up multiple registers (Savings, Checking, Brokerage, etc.) all with base currency INR (Indian Rupee). For variety, throw in one account under brokerage with USD. Currencies should not be mixed in any Register (INR designated register should only have INR transactions, and likewise for US$). Then generate a report.

Date format change happens in almost all reports that have dates on the left-most column. Currency glitch happens in 2 reports: Tax Schedule (Canada) and Tax Schedule (US). In previous versions, the date format and currency glitch were more prevalent.

Hope this helps!
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2021
    @dipe_c I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!
    (CTP-2076)

-Quicken Anja

• dipe_c
    dipe_c Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken Anja Thanks Anja! No hurry.  :)

And you're welcome. Glad to be of any help to improve an application that I use almost every day!
  • dipe_c
    dipe_c Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken_Anja Just wanted to add that date format inconsistency exists also in Portfolio and Transactions:

• Quicken Anja
    You're welcome! And thank you for the additional information. :)

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja
    @dipe_c I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• dipe_c
    dipe_c Mac Beta Beta
    @dipe_c I have sent you a direct message
    Hi @Quicken Anja,

I've responded to your message post-haste!  :) 

Thank you for your assistance!
This discussion has been closed.