State Employees Credit Union NC - OL-220-A Errors

Answers

• I am having the same issue, its been well over a week. I had the same issue about 2 years ago. This happened after the last update. this has to be a program error in the update and not at the credit union.
  • cmscraps03
    cmscraps03 Member
    It's very frustrating!!
  • PrestonCudd
    PrestonCudd Member ✭✭
    I would appreciate it if some of you who have actually received a response from SECU would share the email and/or text address you've used to reach them. I would like to add my name to their inbox of thoroughly frustrated members. Perhaps if the groundswell of dissatisfied customers elevated they would apply more (or better) resources to resolving this issue. Their IT department has a history of making changes to their software without regard to Quicken downloaders. This has happened twice before in recent years (usually associated with some change to their security protocols) and we need to get through to them somehow that this is unacceptable. Thanks for everyone's input and let's keep each other posted.
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    > @PrestonCudd said:
    > I would appreciate it if some of you who have actually received a response from SECU would share the email and/or text address you've used to reach them. I would like to add my name to their inbox of thoroughly frustrated members. Perhaps if the groundswell of dissatisfied customers elevated they would apply more (or better) resources to resolving this issue. Their IT department has a history of making changes to their software without regard to Quicken downloaders. This has happened twice before in recent years (usually associated with some change to their security protocols) and we need to get through to them somehow that this is unacceptable. Thanks for everyone's input and let's keep each other posted.

Go to the messages tab on SECU website...
  • waltersalinger\
    waltersalinger\ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I sent this message after receiving a form letter response from SECU:

Receiving a form letter that does not address my specific observation provides no indication that competent IT personnel are working to solve this problem of long standing!

This is the "reply" to my objection to SECU's form letter:

Dear Member,

Thank you for the message. We have all available resources working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you.
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    > @waltersalinger\ said:
    > I sent this message after receiving a form letter response from SECU:
    >
    > Receiving a form letter that does not address my specific observation provides no indication that competent IT personnel are working to solve this problem of long standing!
    >
    > This is the "reply" my objection to SECU's form letter:
    >
    > Dear Member,
    >
    > Thank you for the message. We have all available resources working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you.

It looks like the same people that reply to this messages are probably the same people that work in IT..
  • jjmdj
    jjmdj Member ✭✭
    I continue to be unable to do any download from SECU and have received the exact same responses from my messages to SECU.
    For prestoncudd: I “secure message” with the bank by logging in to my account and selecting the messages tab on their website.
  • aec618
    aec618 Member ✭✭
    I experienced this OL-220A error last week, then I was able to get it to work (no action taken of my own) last weekend, then the error started happening again. NC SECU Member services kept telling me it is due to "high web traffic". Hogwash. Besides, I download from another credit union too, and that one works fine.

**Anyway, this AM I did some troubleshooting and found a workaround. Quicken was set to download via "Direct Connect". I tried changing it to use "Express Web Connect" and that worked!
    The down side is, it then downloaded all my transactions from the past 90 days--so I had hundreds of duplicates to delete. even then it didn't reconcile right and I had to add a Balance Adjustment item into my register.
    ironically, afterwards Quicken tells me my financial institution offers an improved way to connect (i.e. Direct Connect) and asks if I want to switch. Uh, no thanks :P
  • cdjunc1
    cdjunc1 Member
    NC SECU has not been able to one step update in over one week. What is the issue? If you deactivate and reactivate, you get about 5 years of duplicate transactions.
  • Kasidea
    Kasidea Member ✭✭
    The OL-220-A error code happens for me every time I accept a Quicken update. I put them off forever hoping it will get ironed out before I accept the Quicken update. Most of the time I accidently accept it. The two of them REALLY need to get their acts together!!! This really is ridiculous. I've been getting the same canned responses from SECU NC over and over.
  • DAC51
    DAC51 Member ✭✭
    I was hopeful this issue would be fixed during the maintenance outage. Disappointed to still be seeing the OL-220-A error this morning. SECU technology is going backwards, I am manually entering transactions, comparing them to transaction page on the website, manually entering ones I missed and comparing quicken balance to transaction page balance. Just like I did 15-20 years ago. lol
  • sangley
    sangley Member ✭✭
    After consecutive days of update failure, I deactivated my direct connect to NC-SECU , then reestablished as web express. Has been working several days in a row with that change.
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    I belong to an "investors" forum associated with my former employer (a Fortune 500 company), and mentioned this issue. Apparently Moneydance users are having difficulties with NCSECU too: https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/18327-ncsecu-transactions-not-downloading
  • DAC51
    DAC51 Member ✭✭
    > @sangley said:
    > After consecutive days of update failure, I deactivated my direct connect to NC-SECU , then reestablished as web express. Has been working several days in a row with that change.

Problem with that is WebExpress downloads months old transactions and the starting balances don’t match anything. I wind up with a mess.
  • I have had this problem for some time. Response I get, it is a security problem. Would happen when they were receiving stimulus direct deposits. Clogged up the server(s). After that activity, they returned to normal. It did not return to normal after last stimulus surge. Running out of patience. Might switch to a bank.
    Last night they pulled maintenance on their system. Did not help.
  • J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe (Mac)
    Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100)
    macOS 11.2.3

I have not been able to download transactions for a few days. Before locating this thread this morning, I disconnected Direct Connect and now I am unable to  reconnect.  

• J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    [Removed - Duplicate]
  • PrestonCudd
    PrestonCudd Member ✭✭
    I received the following message from SECU this morning at 9:47. I can't imagine why they think the problem is intermittent. I've attempted to download at all times of the day and night since 4/16/21 with no results. SECU does realize (it seems) that the problem is their's and not Quicken's.

>>"Thank you for your message. We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the Quicken connection issues. Unfortunately, with it being an intermittent issue, it's possible that you will be able to connect successfully sometimes but receive the OL-220-A errors at other times. Please know that we are working diligently to fix this and hope to have a resolution soon. We appreciate you working with us to help troubleshoot so that our team can have all the information needed to find a resolution."<<
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    > @PrestonCudd said:
    > I received the following message from SECU this morning at 9:47. I can't imagine why they think the problem is intermittent. I've attempted to download at all times of the day and night since 4/16/21 with no results. SECU does realize (it seems) that the problem is their's and not Quicken's.
    >
    > >>"Thank you for your message. We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the Quicken connection issues. Unfortunately, with it being an intermittent issue, it's possible that you will be able to connect successfully sometimes but receive the OL-220-A errors at other times. Please know that we are working diligently to fix this and hope to have a resolution soon. We appreciate you working with us to help troubleshoot so that our team can have all the information needed to find a resolution."<<

I just received the same message to a complaint I sent over the weekend. Told them it is not INTERMITTENT since I have not been able to connect since the 20th.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    What's interesting is that I can go create a new file and it connects just fine, or at least did.

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

• If we had a ground swell of members changing banks, maybe something would get done. I have not use the credit union for some time outside of a place to store some of my money. I am really leaning that way.
  • waltersalinger\
    waltersalinger\ Member ✭✭
    Today's message from SECU: "Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, we do not have an exact timeline on when it will be corrected. We are actively working to get it corrected as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience while we work to get this resolved. Thanks."
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    > @Michael E Kelly said:
    > If we had a ground swell of members changing banks, maybe something would get done. I have not use the credit union for some time outside of a place to store some of my money. I am really leaning that way.

Yep, already moved all purchases to credit cards, then automate payments. Looking at BB&T, Wells Fargo, First Citizens and a couple others. No reason to really keep much at SECU other than cheap and good cash points locations, but who needs cash much anymore... Good bye NCSECU, it's been a good 28 yrs!

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, I have been able to get the download to work with a new file, which means it's probably both a Quicken and a SECU problem. Nevertheless, I'm trying to migrate to a new file with no errors, that seems to be key, but it's a lot of work to move to a new file.

• motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    @jhansen : Please check the type of connection that you are setting up when you create a new file. Even for a new file, I CANNOT get Direct Connect to work, but CAN get Express Web Connect to work. What most of us want is DIRECT CONNECT. I still believe this is an NCSECU problem, because - as I noted above - MoneyDance users are having difficulties with NCSECU, too. Best wishes!
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    jhansen said:
    Just to confirm, I have been able to get the download to work with a new file, which means it's probably both a Quicken and a SECU problem. Nevertheless, I'm trying to migrate to a new file with no errors, that seems to be key, but it's a lot of work to move to a new file.
    You created an entirely new data file? Suboptimal but I'm listening.
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Just to reiterate to *possibly* save you some work: I, too, can get the Express Web Connect to work with a new file, just as it works fine to change to in an old data file. Hence, the choice becomes a matter of is it easier to fix duplicate transactions, etc, in the old file when one moves from the broken Direct Connect to Express Web Connect, or is it easier to migrate all of my other, non-NCSECU accounts to a new file that is running NCSECU Web Express fine. Both will run Express Web Connect: Which is more work? Even so, in my case, I really want the Direct Connect, hence, I am still awaiting a fix. However, my patience is wearing thin, because the Direct Connect used to work fine, then became intermittent around September of 2020 or so, and now is completely broken. Cheers!
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    Also - to expand on my comment - the Direct Connect works in neither the old data file nor in a new data file.
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    Emailed local branch concerning the issue of not being able to download transactions from Quicken. Received a reply asking me to call so they could help to trouble shoot the issue. After I called I was told by local people they had spoken with the digital department and they thought they had a fix in place that would be updated later this week,
    Not sure what that meant. :/
  • facanady
    facanady Member ✭✭
    I was able to update just now! Hurry before it breaks again. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.