I get OL-393-A even when update succeeds

I am getting OL-393-A since about Apr 6 with FI Salem Five, direct connect. However update does seem to work with downloading and scheduling bill pays. The FI says everything looks good to them and believes it has to do with an update to Quicken software. At about the same time Quicken was failing to update my web express accounts. It said it succeeded but it actually did nothing. I tried resetting the online access and that did not work. I disabled them and re-enabled. That worked but it did not offer to connect with existing accounts and created new ones. I am not willing to do that with Salem Five as it has a 25 year history. Resetting online does not help. Ctrl-Shift Validate says everything is ok.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TomS

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • TomS
    TomS Member ✭✭
    As I said, it does connect and update (apparently, but I don't trust it). But it gives me the error afterwards and does not update the time of last update.
  • TomS
    TomS Member ✭✭
    I have now tried uninstalling and installing Quicken. I still get OL-393-A every time I update this financial institution.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TomS

Thank you for the response and the additional details. 
    1.  Are you able to successfully update if you update through register? 
    2. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message. 
    3. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now. 
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update. 
    Does this clear the error message when you update using this method?

Please let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • TomS
    TomS Member ✭✭
    The error occurs the same whether doing a one-step update or doing it through the register. Quicken never thinks it is successful and the time of last update is always blank. But if I schedule a bill payment with the FI it does get scheduled as I can verify by logging into the bank.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hello @TomS

Thank you for the response and the additional details. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~