State Employees Credit Union NC - OL-220-A Errors

Answers

• wendyf209
    wendyf209 Member ✭✭
    It's working again! Hope it stays.
  • DAC51
    DAC51 Member ✭✭
    Looks like direct connect is working. Yaaaay!
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    Also just updated! Actually did it twice! :)
  • sasha
    sasha Member ✭✭
    On a whim, I decided to check one more time before going to bed - had success as well! Hooray!
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    Good news, indeed! I am cautiously optimistic, given how we have seen Direct Connect work for a few days and fail again previously. I hope this time it is a "permanent" fix.
  • Working fine for me this morning. To be safe I am maintaining two files - one Direct Connect and one Web Connect.
  • JDAman
    JDAman Member ✭✭
    Okay then! Working 2 days in a row! Hope it stays fixed!
  • Make that 3 days in a row.
  • jjmdj
    jjmdj Member ✭✭
    Agreed. Finally works for me, also. Hopefully, we're done with this problem.
  • ncbob828
    ncbob828 Member
    FYI today April 29th I connected to SECU and got updated transactions! Fingers crossed it stays up for a while.
  • ncbob828
    ncbob828 Member
    It worked today! Clicked Update and it actually worked!
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    :D :D :D
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    On the Quicken Alert page:

Quicken Tyka said:
    This alert is still ongoing. Thank you for your patience.

I take this to mean that the existing "fix" is not totally blessed yet. Cross your fingers, and be sure to report to Quicken (in Help->Report a problem) any errors you get now.

• motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    While I am delighted by our recent ability to download transactions, I believe Ken McAdams points out what I have been concerned about given previous "sprints" of success. Nevertheless, I am cautiously optimistic!
  • retiredincary2006
    retiredincary2006 Member ✭✭
    Can't believe it. OL-220-A back this morning. SECU is absolutely worthless.
  • sasha
    sasha Member ✭✭
    OL-220-A error for me this morning too. Sigh.....
  • Dolfandad
    Dolfandad Member
    I have the same issue. It has worked for a few days but OL-220-A is back; can't download transactions.....again.
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I think it's a very good idea to send another error report to Quicken. Go to "Help->Report a problem". Uncheck the "include a screenshot" box if it is checked. Nobody needs to see your screen for this error.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, it's back! Apparently NCSECU needs a reduction in customers to fit their current support capabilities.

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

• jjmdj
    jjmdj Member ✭✭
    ...and here I was thinking that the problem was finally resolved. I think jhansen is correct that SECU needs fewer customers.
  • PrestonCudd
    PrestonCudd Member ✭✭
    And I naively believed that after the recent 'fix' we might actually have at least a year or two before they messed it up again. No such luck. Back to the OL-220-A again this morning. ....sigh....
  • HollyP
    HollyP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    This program is becoming unsuable. I've contacted my bank, sent support tickets to Quicken and every day for the past 30 days it's been a crap shoot as to whether or not I'll be able to actually update my accounts. I'm stuck in error recovery mode now and need to get out. HELP! (yes, I've validated my accounts)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• retiredincary2006
    retiredincary2006 Member ✭✭
    Contacted the credit union and here is there response -

Dear Member,

Thank you for your message. We apologize for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing while attempting to connect via Quicken. Unfortunately, the connections are experiencing intermittent outages. This means that the connection may work if you try another time.
    As always, thank you for supporting your Credit Union.
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    How many of you think that SECU has the capability to fix this??

"Thank you for the message. The same intermittent connection issues are still occuring in a widespread manner, which means sometimes accounts will be able to connect, and others, the traffic will be blocking connection for extended periods of time. It's impossible to tell when these periods of downtime will occur, and could happen sporadically at any time during a session. We are working to implement a permanent fix that should resolve the connectivity issues soon. Please let us know if you haveany further questions or concerns. Thank you.
  • DAC51
    DAC51 Member ✭✭
    OL-220-A again this morning. Worked for almost a week. Sheeeesh.
  • BAI
    BAI Member ✭✭
    I haven't been able to update since April 7. I sent just now yet another message through the SECU message center. I intend to send a message every day until resolution occurs. Each time I receive a very pleasant vague response, as has been shared by others.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Everyone should plan on changing banks or at least reducing the # of transactions run thru NCSECU. They started screwing things up 1.5 years ago, at which point in time they reverted back to their old methods. Now it seems they are fully committed to the server or whatever changes they said they wouldn't issue last year! Pretty sure they are trying to save us all to prosperity by changing servers, etc, might cost them $10,000 per yr to maintain the Quicken servers. Sometimes you've got to pay for quality of service, I guess we get what we pay for with NCSECU.

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

• dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    Maybe we should just start planning on downloading transactions only 1 or 2 times a month. That seems to be the plan of SECU.
  • HollyP
    HollyP Member ✭✭
    What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release. You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first. ---R32.12

What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using? ---Windows 10

What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get? ---As I said in my title OL 220-A error recovery

What bank(s) are you having issues with? ---ncsecu

What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with? ---ALL

Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web? --- I only use desktop

What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?--- As I said in my question/comment, I've contacted my bank repeatedly and validated my account. One day it connects the next it doesn't. I need to clear the error recovery so I can get a clean start. Any advice?
This discussion has been closed.