how do I hide a security

my portfolio has sold a security. How do i hide it?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @Jane Frattini As Tyka notes, deleting a security you owned in the past would mess up your investment history, so Quicken prevents you from doing so -- you actually cannot delete a security which has been used in any transaction.

Hiding a security in lists is a longstanding wish from users expressed in this Idea thread which has been marked as officially Planned by the development team. We just don't know how soon it will be coming.

In the meantime, if the primary goal is to not see securities you no longer hold in your list, you might use an approach a number of us use: renaming the no-longer-needed securities with a prefix like "z" (e.g. "z-ABC Fund") so they are at the bottom of the list and basically stay out of your way, without impacting your investment history.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jane Frattini

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

At this time, Quicken for Mac does not offer the option to hide a capability. It has been confirmed that this feature will be added in a future update, however, I do not have an ETA to provide.

A security can be deleted by going to Window > Securities, however, this will impact previous transaction history. Is there a specific reason you are looking to hide the security? We might be able to come up with a workaround to get you what you are needing.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @Jane Frattini As Tyka notes, deleting a security you owned in the past would mess up your investment history, so Quicken prevents you from doing so -- you actually cannot delete a security which has been used in any transaction.

Hiding a security in lists is a longstanding wish from users expressed in this Idea thread which has been marked as officially Planned by the development team. We just don't know how soon it will be coming.

In the meantime, if the primary goal is to not see securities you no longer hold in your list, you might use an approach a number of us use: renaming the no-longer-needed securities with a prefix like "z" (e.g. "z-ABC Fund") so they are at the bottom of the list and basically stay out of your way, without impacting your investment history.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Harold Appel
    Harold Appel Member ✭✭✭
    Please make hiding a security possible in the Mac version.
This discussion has been closed.