How do you fix this problem? In a credit card account, it is taking charges (purchases) and posting

Options
How do you fix this problem?? In a credit card account, when you add a purchase/charge, when it totals it, it is making the balance as if it were a credit not a charge. When you pay the credit card bill at the month end, quicken is posting the payment as a new expense, and the balance increases, instead of going down to 0$??? Just started happening after having to create a new account and data file.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What COLOR is the Balance column in this account?  It should be RED, unless you're missing transactions or have duplicate payment(s).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What COLOR is the Balance column in this account?  It should be RED, unless you're missing transactions or have duplicate payment(s).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bhughesnp
    bhughesnp Member
    Options
    The balnce column is not red. How do I get it to be that color?
  • bhughesnp
    bhughesnp Member
    Options
    NOTACAP - Thank YOU!!!! When I tried all things in settings, etc., to try to get the balance to be in red, and that did not work, since we did have a recent data file crash and had to start over and create a brand new data file, Yes, there are lots of missing downloads, missing trransactions, and when I went back to compare the old file vs the new file at an earlier time (looking at two different computers, so I could compare the old anbd new data files), I found the red balance entries in the old "crashed" data file, so I was then able to make a fake "adjust balance transaction", to make the old data balance match the new data balance on that same date, a month ago. As a result, the transactions balances immediately turned red for purchases, and black for payments and credit/returns.... So, mission accomplished. Thank You!! You gave good advice that allowed me to figure out the problem and fix it. Thanks again!!
This discussion has been closed.