Can I install Quicken Premier on more than 1 computer?

Desktop and Notebook

Best Answer

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Tax4hire said:
    To install on a second computer how do I get another activation code?

Like posters have stated above, you can, but you can't use the same Quicken Installer to install on the other computers. Use your Browser and go to: https://www.quicken.com/ and Sign in to your My Account and download the installer from your Account to avoid problems.

You don't need an Activation Code with that installer.

If you are going to use the same Quicken Data File, be sure you choose to Restore the Data File from a Manual Backup.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  We may install Quicken on as many computers as we want.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to Sherlock's response, all of the installations will have to be registered against the same Quicken Id.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    To add to Sherlock's response, all of the installations will have to be registered against the same Quicken Id.
    They don't all have to be registered against the same Quicken Id.  

The functionality is linked to the Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file being accessed.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me clarify my statement.  In the past, you could create as many Quicken Ids (QID) as you wanted, but since subscription Quicken (2018+), a subscription can only have a single QID.  
    So, yes, you can have users with different QIDs open and use their data files with their own QID on the same Quicken installation, but if you only have the single subscription, all will have to use the same QID.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tax4hire
    Tax4hire Member ✭✭
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Tax4hire said:
    You do not need another activation code to install Quicken on a second computer.  You only need to authenticate a Quicken ID.   An activation code is used to activate or extend a subscription when you purchase a Quicken subscription from a retailer. 
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Tax4hire said:

Like posters have stated above, you can, but you can't use the same Quicken Installer to install on the other computers. Use your Browser and go to: https://www.quicken.com/ and Sign in to your My Account and download the installer from your Account to avoid problems.

You don't need an Activation Code with that installer.

If you are going to use the same Quicken Data File, be sure you choose to Restore the Data File from a Manual Backup.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.