Has anyone had a problem with Citi Bank Home Depot not accepting Bill Pay payments?

I have had a problem for sometime after adding Citi Bank Home Depot to my Bill Pay vendors. I kept getting an indication that my account was locked out, even though I could log onto my account, as well as transactions downloaded with One Step Update. Today I noticed that my Citi Home Depot account was setup for "Express Web Connect" and not "Direct Connect". I was unable to correct that by editing, so I got help from Quicken. The short of their findings were that I needed to contact Citi Home Depot and ask them to grant permission for "Direct Pay' to my account. I called Citi Home Depot and was told that they can't do that....that they don't have an IT department!!!!! I'm guessing that they are contracting with Citi Bank for online services. The short of it is that their account will not work with Bill Pay.

Answers

• Cassius
    Cassius Member ✭✭
    I had something similar happen today with my Citi Mastercard. I had entered a Bill Pay payment for the balance on my last Citicard statement to be paid today. Today I got a message, apparently from Quicken, that the payment, which was about $900 less than the one that I made last month, had been reduced to $37 (the minimum payment requirement) due to payment limits. I contacted Quicken, and after the rep was gone for a long time researching, they said that they would be contacting Citi to see why they limited the payment. Then I called Citi. They are putting through an electronic charge today for the rest of my requested payment, but they say that their instructions, which they receive as if I had made an electronic payment through their web site, were to debit my bank account for $37. I'll probably never know who's telling the truth.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jerry_in_katy

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please navigate to the Bills and Income Tab and choose the "Gear" icon.

Then choose "Validate Online Billers" does this return any messages? Is the bill still listed in Quicken or has it been removed? Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jerry_in_katy
    jerry_in_katy Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Quicken Tyka,
    Thank you for your interest in this problem. I did as you said and the bill from CITI Home Depot was removed from my Bill Pay list, but the bills from my other two CITI Bank accounts were also removed and I had a hard time getting them back. I have been struggling for hours to get those back on the Bill Pay list and linked to the proper respective reminders. I think I have those back now, and you know what, CITI Home Depot came back on its own as it was before. The account for that Home Depot card still will only setup for "Express Web Connect". I don't think that account is ever going to work for us until we can get it setup as "Direct Connect".
    I do want you to know that I am very appreciative of your efforts and I am very happy that you are taking a look at it. Right now, I have a zero balance in the Home Depot account and if it has any balance due before we can solve that problem, well I can just pay this one manually.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jerry_in_katy

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile for your Home Depot Bill.

The message is that the account has been locked and is currently inaccessible online. Can you please navigate to the website for the card and sign in and let me know if you are successful?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jerry_in_katy
    jerry_in_katy Member ✭✭
    Yes, Quicken Tyka, I am successfully logged in right now...never a problem. I don't have any transaction activity to download right now, but also never a problem downloading transactions either.
  • jerry_in_katy
    jerry_in_katy Member ✭✭
    Quicken Tyka, just making clear that although I can log in to my Citi Home Depot account normally Bill Pay still is reporting that my account is LOCKED. I do appreciate your assistance on this.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @jerry_in_katy

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The message from our service provider states that you will need to contact Home Depot support directly for assistance.

I apologize for not having any additional steps at this time. Please let me know how it goes with Home Depot support and if they are able to unlock the account.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jerry_in_katy
    jerry_in_katy Member ✭✭
    Quicken Tyka,

Thank you for all your efforts you have made to rectify this problem. Before posting here I did contact Home Depot Consumer Credit about this problem. Their customer service was not able to offer any help and I asked to be transferred to their IT department. The representative and her supervisor both said that they did not have an IT department. (Really??) They recommended that I go to Quicken, it was not their problem. I suspect that Home Depot contracts with Citi Retail Services for internet operations and HD customer services has no contact with them. If so, I think Citi Bank could solve this, but I'm not sure how to contact them without going through Home Depot Consumer Credit. I guess that puts us at an impasse until I can think of a way around this barrier. And thank you again!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jerry_in_katy

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I have gone ahead and reported this biller and included that Home Depot was unable to assist further.

Please allow 48 hours before attempting to update once more and let me know if the results.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jerry_in_katy
    jerry_in_katy Member ✭✭
    Quicken_Tyka

The condition still exists, my Home Depot still indicates that I am locked out to Bill Pay. However, it appears that you have done some good by passing it along. I got email this morning from Quicken Customer Support that this is a known problem and they are pursuing a fix. Reference "Ticket ID":"8577294".

Good work, Quicken_Tyka
This discussion has been closed.