Quicken shuts down (crash) after processing bank .qfx file running R28.15 (Canada)

Options
mpfc75
mpfc75 Member ✭✭
I am a Quicken Canada user running Windows 10 20H2 and Quicken Deluxe subscription. I updated from R25.22 to R28.15 a couple of days ago.

Since updating to R28.15 I have a problem. I download bank transactions from the web and have them opened by Quicken. This seems to work but right after the file is processed Quicken closes. No error message that I can see. No bugsplat. No opportunity to run a backup.

After the shutdown, all seems fine when I open the Quicken account file. I updated to R28.15 from a Mondo file and I have followed the steps (copy, validate, super validate) shown in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7851545/faq-troubleshooting-101-installation-and-data-file-problems-quicken-for-windows without any change. The validations did discover a few items, but they appear to be resolved now.

I have encountered this shutdown behaviour with two different Canadian banks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check the Keep Quicken open after Web Connect completes preference: select Edit > Preferences...

• mpfc75
    mpfc75 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Sherlock for your quick response. I've only had a couple of transactions to download since my previous post (thanks Covid) but Quicken hasn't shutdown like it was before now that I have checked that box. I'll consider it resolved pending further download results.

Tell me, do you know if that is a new setting that came with R28.15? I've been a Quicken user for years. I still have some 3 1/2" (maybe even 5 1/4") Quicken floppy disks and the shutdown behavour is new.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mpfc75 said:
    Thanks Sherlock for your quick response. I've only had a couple of transactions to download since my previous post (thanks Covid) but Quicken hasn't shutdown like it was before now that I have checked that box. I'll consider it resolved pending further download results.

Tell me, do you know if that is a new setting that came with R28.15? I've been a Quicken user for years. I still have some 3 1/2" (maybe even 5 1/4") Quicken floppy disks and the shutdown behavour is new.
    The specific preference is not new but sometimes, when the Quicken program updates, the preference settings are impacted.  
This discussion has been closed.