Can I restore a file stored using V32.12 version

oldngrmpy1
oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
Will I be ok to restore a file that was backed-up with V32.12 if I currently installed V33.19? (the corrupted file)

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to restore the Quicken file backup.

Before restoring a Quicken file backup (or opening an earlier version of a Quicken file), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating a Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    With a name like Sherlock at 1am my time you must be in UK. We have great friends in Scotland.
    I have sync turned off so do not get "Cloud Account Details". Update Profile and Sign in as a different user is all  that I see.  I restored a backup in V32.12, but  I'm showing that restored file to be V33.19 now. I haven't done any one step updates, only manual web connect to make restored file current. I think some of the Super Users are doing that, and I will be too for a while. How do I not let Quicken do an update if UAC doesn't stop the next one? All data looks clean as of now.  Just gonna have to do the manual, web connect updates from now on. If quicken want info on what happened, I'm going to tell them I can't help them, as I do not want to loose any information trying to help them. If I has one dollar for every hour I have spent trying to get my Quicken working again, I'd have enough to buy 3 subscriptions. Enough is enough!!
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just did a copy file, and a backup, so should be good. I tried to do a super validate on corrupt file before doing my restore, but it didn't find anything wrong. Hopefully I'll be good for a while. I think I've sidestepped all I can in Quicken. There's nothing else to quit using in Quicken now!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    TJ102 said:
    With a name like Sherlock at 1am my time you must be in UK. We have great friends in Scotland.
    I have sync turned off so do not get "Cloud Account Details". Update Profile and Sign in as a different user is all  that I see.  I restored a backup in V32.12, but  I'm showing that restored file to be V33.19 now. I haven't done any one step updates, only manual web connect to make restored file current. I think some of the Super Users are doing that, and I will be too for a while. How do I not let Quicken do an update if UAC doesn't stop the next one? All data looks clean as of now.  Just gonna have to do the manual, web connect updates from now on. If quicken want info on what happened, I'm going to tell them I can't help them, as I do not want to loose any information trying to help them. If I has one dollar for every hour I have spent trying to get my Quicken working again, I'd have enough to buy 3 subscriptions. Enough is enough!!
    You are using Quicken R33.19 to access the Quicken file.

With the appropriate UAC setting, Windows does enable us to decline the automatic update.

Just in case you're operating under a misconception, Quicken is synchronizing some of your data with the cloud account associated with the internal file id even when sync is disabled and no accounts have been selected to be synchronized.
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I know. Caught between a rock and a hard spot! I appreciate the help a lot. Not sure what Quicken would do without the Super Users, they just wouldn't make it. Chris mentioned that you guys are not compensated, but I do hope you at least you get the new subscription ever year at least! I'm sorry I get grumpy, I'm dismayed with people and businesses. Had house painted, paid $$$$$ because I  wanted best job. They had to come back 4 times to redo, fix, or repaint something, then wanted  5 star review because.... they did come back every time to fix the problems. What am I missing here??? There seem to be a pattern with business and reviews. I'm also fighting old age and health probs. No fun, I'm tired!
This discussion has been closed.