If I go subscription will my backup of Quicken 2015 be compatible...?

Options
If I go subscription will my backup of Quicken 2015 be compatible...?

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you asking if your Quicken 2015 data will be compatible with Quicken Subscription? Id so, the answer is yes.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Both of the first two statements are correct even though they seem to contradict each other.
    Subscription Quicken (2018+) uses the same data file format as 2016 & 2017, so you can open the data file with any of those versions.
    Subscription Quicken will open and convert your 2015 data file and be completely usable, but then the converted file can not be used by Quicken 2015.
    Hope that clarifies the above statements.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.  Online Quicken 2016/2017 are compatible with the data format used by Quicken Subscription.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you asking if your Quicken 2015 data will be compatible with Quicken Subscription? Id so, the answer is yes.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Both of the first two statements are correct even though they seem to contradict each other.
    Subscription Quicken (2018+) uses the same data file format as 2016 & 2017, so you can open the data file with any of those versions.
    Subscription Quicken will open and convert your 2015 data file and be completely usable, but then the converted file can not be used by Quicken 2015.
    Hope that clarifies the above statements.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, I misread the question.   As in exactly backwards, thinking you wanted to go back to Quicken 2015 from Quicken Subscription, instead of the other way around.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.