Citi Bank Visa account has removed all payments

I just did an update and discovered that the Citi Bank Visa account has an enormous balance. After further investigation I discovered that all the payments for the account had been deleted. I am running R33.19 Build 27.1.33.19 on windows 10

Update: This is weird, I did another update and the payments magically re-appeared. Not sure what going on, but it seems to working again.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Larry Nichoalds

Is it possible that the "Any Type" drop down menu - located at the very top of the credit card account register - was set to "charge" temporarily and or inadvertently?  That would have produced what you seemed to be seeing - a register with only charges and no payments.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Larry Nichoalds
    Larry Nichoalds Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Frankx, I assume you are talking about the Account Detail page, if so it has always been set to "charge" since it is a Visa charge card. If it is being reset to something else, it is not showing it now.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Frankx, I assume you are talking about the Account Detail page, if so it has always been set to "charge" since it is a Visa charge card. If it is being reset to something else, it is not showing it now.
    This is what he is referring to (at the top of the register).

Selecting reset will reset the filters to their defaults.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Larry Nichoalds
    Thanks Chris, got it. I will check the fields if this happens again.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Larry Nichoalds

Actually if you check that setting now for the account you had problems with - and also change it to make sure it is set to show "All Dates" - "Any Type" and  - "All Transactions" it should fix the problem.  And you'll be good to go for the next time as well.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Larry Nichoalds
    edited May 2021
    I have done that, Frankx. The setting was "Any-Types" Thanks