Editing Investment Transactions

sburt1
sburt1 Member ✭✭
When I edit a Buy transaction the type changes to a Buy Bond and a .0 is added in front of the number of shares I purchased. (.14636 becomes .014636) - Using Quicken Premier for Windows - Version R32.12 - Build 27.1.32.12

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The security for the transaction -- your US Treasury ETF -- what 'security type' do you have assigned to that security in Quicken?  I am wondering if you have that as a 'Bond' if that might be a factor.  That type of security should be typed as a Stock, Mutual Fund, or other type of security; not as a Bond.   

Answers

• sburt1
    sburt1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I edit the op with version and build
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sburt1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

Are these transactions being downloaded and you are editing them after the fact? If so, what is the name of the financial institution? Are you able to create a new manual transaction and recreate this issue?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Member ✭✭
    These transactions are not downloaded - they are manually entered and if I go back to edit them they have changed as described.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sburt1

Thank you for the response and the confirmation. I am seeing this issue, however, the additional ".0" is only displayed in the transaction dialogue box.

The description in the register is displaying correctly for me. However, I do notice that the action is not being saved as a Bonds Bought. 

Are you able to provide screenshots of the transactions using the Windows Snipping Tool? To learn more about posting screenshots to the Community, please take a moment to review the information available here.

This will help me to more reliably create the issue to help get this reported.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Member ✭✭
    What exactly do you need screen shots of? Transaction dialog when adding new entry, register of that entry, edit transaction dialog showing incorrect data?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sburt1

Thank you for the response. Yes, I would like to see the transaction dialogue before editing the transaction and then after editing the transaction. I would then like a screenshot that shows the transaction in the register after it has been edited to a bond.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Member ✭✭
    Here are the screenshots requested

* Buy Transaction Entered - The initial manual entry of a purchase
    * Register before edit.PNG - The entry in the register after accepting the initial entry
    * Transaction Screen when Edit Button selected in register - Transaction screen as it appears when using the edit button in the register
    *Register after selection Enter button on the Edit Transaction Screen - After selecting Enter on the Edit Transaction form (Even with Bonds Bought in the Enter Transaction field)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sburt1

Thank you for the response and the screenshots. It is unusual that the enter transactions screen shows the additional decimal, however, the description and action remain unchanged.

This is what I am seeing in my Quicken as well. I have gone ahead reported this issue. I will be back with an update as soon as more information becomes available.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The security for the transaction -- your US Treasury ETF -- what 'security type' do you have assigned to that security in Quicken?  I am wondering if you have that as a 'Bond' if that might be a factor.  That type of security should be typed as a Stock, Mutual Fund, or other type of security; not as a Bond.   
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Member ✭✭
    Well, "Give that man a dollar!". Never even thought about that, when I added the account in I set all the types to other. They must have updated during a download and I didn't check that out. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.