Removing renewal notice.

Options
ScottyOly
ScottyOly Member
I no longer download financial data from banking/credit card companies. How do I remove persistent top-line and left-side bar notice to renew expired subscription notice?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way to remove the renewal banner is to pay for the subscription.
    If you can get a hold of a Quicken 2016 or 2017 they can read in a Quicken Subscription data file and doesn't require a subscription.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See this thread and VOTE: Expiration-Banner

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jacqulin
    Jacqulin Member
    Options
    I think its lousy that Quicken requires you to update your subscription just to get rid of renewal banners when you have no need for the new features or services.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Find a copy of Quicken 2017. It will open your Quicken data file and not have the renewal banners.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • ad81
    ad81 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Rant] I've already paid for the software as it was, and now you're forcing me to view ads or renew. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    ad81 said:
    [Removed - Rant] I've already paid for the software as it was, and now you're forcing me to view ads or renew. [Removed - Disruptive]
    Hi @ad81 ,

You are wrong. You paid for Subscription Membership. You did not buy the software. The Subscription Membership comes with Software to use. That software has a Renewal Notice.

But Quicken did not leave you high and dry, if Users don't like the Renewal Notice, they can uninstall it and install Quicken 2016 or Quicken 2017 in its place, without the Renewal Notice Banners.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.