Quicken Bill Pay payment still shows 'Processing' days after payment was processed

Options
I had an online Quicken Bill Pay payment scheduled for 5-15-2021. The payment was processed on that date and I received email confirmations from both Quicken Bill Pay and the Payee that the payment was received. However, the register entry for this payment still shows 'Processing' even when I click on 'Status'.

Is there a way for me to manually change 'Processing' to 'Paid' for this transaction?

About a week ago I had a corrupt Quicken data file that affected my online billers and Password Vault. The only way to correct the problem was to deactivate my online accounts and reactivate them. My online billers also had to be deleted and re-established. This issue occurred AFTER I had scheduled the above-mentioned bill payment (on 4-26-2021) and prior to the actual bill payment occurring (5-15-2021). My guess is that my remedy to fix my corrupt data file also created this disconnect that prevents Quicken from updating the status from 'Processing' to 'Paid'.

Any way to correct this or will my register show 'Processing' forever?

Quicken Windows version R32.12, build 27.1.32.12
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello @carlj07,
    Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you update your Quicken software to the latest version release; R33.19.
    To do so, please navigate to Help > Check for updates or download and install the mondo patch found in this support article.

Then, if the issue still persists after updating; I suggest Validating Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I had to install the Quicken update version R33.19 using the mondo patch. After the mondo patch update to R33.19, I verified the update by going to Help > About Quicken. ((FYI, when I went to Help > Check for updates in Quicken, it said I had the latest update (R32.12). I also ran the One Step Update and no version update was detected there, so the only way to update to R33.19 was via the mondo patch)).

After the update to R33.19, I went to my check register and clicked on Status for the payment in question - still shows 'Processing'.

I then validated my online billers - no issues there and the status of the payment in question still shows 'Processing'. FYI, the payment did clear my bank, so it was processed on 5-15-2021 as I instructed and which was verified on 5-15-2021 by the emails from Quicken Bill Pay and the Payee that my payment was made on that date.

Any further suggestions to get the status for this payment to change/update from 'Processing' to 'Paid'?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @carlj07

Thanks for the update and letting know how each step went. I'm wondering here other users have reported similar issues and some of them were able to manually change the status of the by duplicating the transaction then changing the status of the transactions manually. You should be able to do this by right clicking and selecting duplicate. 

If you are able to duplicate and change the status you should be able to delete the original as well. If you're able to do so. Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Quicken Francisco;

By duplicating the transaction, I assume you meant to copy and paste it back into the register - which is what I did. For the newly pasted "duplicate" transaction, I opened the drop-down menu next to 'Processing' and created a new entry 'Paid'. I then changed 'Processing' to 'Paid' from the drop-down menu and saved the transaction. Interesting to note that the lightning bolt next to 'Paid' also changed to show a green checkmark.

When I went to delete the original transaction, a pop-up window said I must cancel the transaction first. When I selected Cancel, I received an error message (see attached pic). Basically, I was unable to delete the original transaction.

I then changed 'Processing' for the original transaction to 'Paid', saved the change, and attempted to instead delete the duplicate transaction I created. I got the same error message for the duplicate transaction. So now I have 2 identical transactions in my register and no way to delete one of them.

I then restored the backup file I created prior to attempting all this - now I'm back to square one. This time I created a 'Paid' entry in the drop-down window next to 'Processing' as I described above - changed 'Processing' to 'Paid' and saved the transaction. At least my register appears more accurate now. Note that when I click on the lightning bolt for this transaction for the status, it shows 'Payment successful' - however, the Confirmation number is 'n/a' (no big deal - I received email confirmations from the payee and Quicken Bill Pay for this transaction).

Perhaps in a future update, this apparent "disconnect' can be addressed and prevented under the circumstances that apparently got me here in the beginning.

Thanks for your suggestion(s) to correct this issue.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @carlj07

Glad to hear you were able to fix the issue although you had to take quite a bit more steps to get it fully sorted out than anticipated. If you do run into the issue again please let us know so we can see if we're able to get the original transaction deleted properly.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.