PNC Mortgage download is broken

PNC mortgage download is completely broken. It will erratically download a transaction only if I reset the connection. Last successful attempt was on 10/24/20. When I refresh the account I get a Download Error (-28) FI_TIMEOUT:102. I'm so fed up with this

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Snake

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues connecting to your PNC mortgage. I'm wondering here if the connection might just need to be reset. It's been quite a long time since it's worked so it'll be a good first step to see if the error remains consistent. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts. When you're adding the account you'll want to make sure the account is linked rather than add.

https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Setting+up+accounts

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know if you're able to reconnect your account.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    I have the same problem with Wells Fargo, a -28 error.  I reported this about 10 days ago, before the most recent Beta release and it is still happening.  I assume it is being worked on but don't know because reported problems go into a black hole with this new system.
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    @ Quicken Francisco.  I might add that my Beta file is a clone of the production file .  That production file Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100) does not have this problem.  I also tried the deactivation process and then re-added/activated all the Wells Fargo files.  That did not work.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @jobworker  Any comments, questions or discussion about Quicken beta testing must be done in the beta part of the forum. The moderators here are not up-to-speed with beta versions, and even if they were, could not post about beta software here. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Missed the fact that I was not in the Beta Forum.  Sorry.
  • Snake
    Snake Member ✭✭
    I took your recommendation and disconnected the PNC account from quicken. For the record I have a checking and a mortgage account with them. I made sure I disconnect both. I quit Quicken and reopened the app, reconnected the accounts using the help document. I tried to download the transactions and got the same error. I then downloaded Quicken on another Mac and tested the PNC connection on a fresh quicken file and I got the same error.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Snake

Thanks for the update. With the troubleshooting you've done it looks like there's likely something wrong with that we'll want to double check logs for. As such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    @Snake I fixed the Mortgage -28 error message on the download function Account Status.
    I went to https://www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup after having disconnected all the WF accounts.  Reconnected my accounts, 2 checking and 1 savings as Direct Connect, then reconnected  the Mortgage account as a Quicken Connect account, but still had the problem.  Next I went back to the Mortgage account, within the 10 minute time frame that WF allows after FMSSETUP, and "RESET CONNECTION", which it did still as a Quicken Connect account.  Now the account functions normally again.  Hope this helps.
  • Snake
    Snake Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Francisco thanks I'll try to contact support

@jobworker thanks for the suggestions, I'm having issues with PNC bank and not Wells Fargo
  • Snake
    Snake Member ✭✭
    Update on the issue, I had my issue escalated, sent logs etc, I received confirmation from the quicken team that the issue was resolved on their end. However I tried to connect and it still not working. I reset the connection and it didn't work. Not sure what to do next.
This discussion has been closed.