Wells Fargo Direct Connect going away?

During a "One Step Update" I got a notice saying....
"For all Wells Fargo Direct Connect Users, as of June 1, 2021, Wells Fargo will no longer support Bank Mail. For any inquires, please log in to your account at wellsfargo.com and navigate to Contact Us. Thank you."
While it seems logical to follow the note, and talk to my bank, I'm more interested in that that means from a Quicken Stand Point.
Sense it starts Direct Connect Users, I feel that this is going to impact bringing my transactions into quicken automatically.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and how this will impact my quicken?
Are they the only bank doing this, or are lots of banks doing this now?

Looking forward to any insight anyone has.
CO_Cowboy

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What's "Bank Mail"?  That's not a Quicken product or term.  SO, it's not apparent what this has to do with Direct Connect.
    You need to contact WF to get the answers to your questions ... and it would be appreciated it you'd post back here what you find.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• CO_Cowboy
    CO_Cowboy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Okay, I got word today.
    Chris_QPW you were correct.
    I suppose it makes sense now. Just the initial shock of the notice.
    Always scary when you get an automated message saying that what has been working, will some how change.

They said...
    "... Wells Fargo will no longer offer customers the option to email us from
    within their Quicken software as of 6/01/2021. All email inquiries and
    requests will need to be sent using the Wells Fargo web site.

I apologize for any confusion..."

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What's "Bank Mail"?  That's not a Quicken product or term.  SO, it's not apparent what this has to do with Direct Connect.
    You need to contact WF to get the answers to your questions ... and it would be appreciated it you'd post back here what you find.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    "Bank Mail" is a seldom used Direct Connect feature.  In fact I'm surprised it is even still used/mentioned.
    Along with supporting Bill Pay through Direct Connect a financial institution could support sending email through the Online Center, at least that is how I remember it when I had my Wells Fargo accounts some 20 or 30 years ago.

So in reality I don't think this is much of a loss since most people didn't even realize it is there.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CO_Cowboy
    CO_Cowboy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Okay, I got word today.
    Chris_QPW you were correct.
    I suppose it makes sense now. Just the initial shock of the notice.
    Always scary when you get an automated message saying that what has been working, will some how change.

They said...
    "... Wells Fargo will no longer offer customers the option to email us from
    within their Quicken software as of 6/01/2021. All email inquiries and
    requests will need to be sent using the Wells Fargo web site.

I apologize for any confusion..."
  • Jim LaRosa
    Jim LaRosa Member ✭✭
    I agree this message in Quicken is confusing. I did not even know I had to option to send email to WF from Quicken. I always do it from the WF web site.
  • ela47@
    ela47@ Member ✭✭
    What is direct connect? Can I no longer send payments from Quicken through WF?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    ela47@ said:
    What is direct connect? Can I no longer send payments from Quicken through WF?

Direct Connect is the connection type.  You can see that at the top of the register and in the account list.
    Direct Connect is required to make payments through Quicken to the financial institution's payment system.
    Direct Connect also allows for sending email to the financial institution through Quicken's Online Center.

Well's Fargo is just dropping the ability to send email to them through Quicken.  This doesn't affect payments or transfers through Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/