Amazon Quicken purchase

Options
TigerstoF4
TigerstoF4 Member ✭✭
Do anyone know if I can download a Amazon digital purchased Quicken Deluxe non subscription Windows version to my new MacBook Air 2020?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only if you are running Windows on your Mac.  Like using a third party program like Parallels.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Purchase of the current, subscription, version of Q included both QWin and QMac.
    Older, pre-subscription, purchases are either/or ... NOT both.
    Are you buying from Amazon itself?  Or an individual who's selling on Amazon?  Be VERY vary of the latter.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• TigerstoF4
    TigerstoF4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Would Windows only using Quicken take up a lot of my 256GB storage?
  • TigerstoF4
    TigerstoF4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Purchase of the current, subscription, version of Q included both QWin and QMac.Older, pre-subscription, purchases are either/or ... NOT both.Are you buying from Amazon itself?  Or an individual who's selling on Amazon?  Be VERY vary of the latter.

ALWAYS AMAZON. Sounds like I’m going to have to buy subscription version which is over $30 a year. Paid $50 for 4 years of Quicken Deluxe for $50. Was also trying to get away from friggin Windows which currently will not update on crappy Dell Laptop I overpaid for and is dying.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    If you decide you're going to use Quicken for Mac, then I do encourage purchasing the current version rather than an old pre-subscription version -- even though it will definitely cost more in the long run.  The reason is that unlike Quicken Windows, the re-write of Quicken Mac last decade means that there was a lot of functionality missing in the early release of the new Quicken Mac, and a lot has been added and fixed over the past four years. Unless you're a very light Quicken user, starting with an older version of Quicken Mac will be like tying a hand behind your back.  (I don't think you can find any old versions of Quicken for Mac on Amazon actually sold by Amazon; I couldn't when I just checked. Any old versions are all third party sellers, so that's another reason to be wary.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.