Right click is not showing copy/paste transactions, go to matching transfer

The choices are now:
cut, copy, paste, delete, select all, right to left reading order, show unicode control characters, insert unicode..., open IME, reconversion

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The right-click menu is called the context menu because what appears in the menu depends on where you are when you click. Where are you right-clicking?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You are hitting the default Windows menu, which normally is overridden by Quicken's menu.
    I tried to make the default Windows menu and this is the only way I could get it to come up.

If I clicked on the one of the pulldown button for the payee (same with category) with that menu up if I then right click on the transaction payee I can get the default Windows menu.

At this point if I selected Copy it would copy the text "Interest" to the clipboard.

So, to avoid this default Windows menu make sure the you don't have any of those pulldown menus open.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can get that menu in almost any text box in Quicken. Try the 3 different search/find/filter boxes, transaction notes, security details, etc. The question is where @Sherrie Buckridge was clicking and what she was expecting to see. Most likely is simply clicking in the wrong place.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I can get that menu in almost any text box in Quicken. Try the 3 different search/find/filter boxes, transaction notes, security details, etc. The question is where @Sherrie Buckridge was clicking and what she was expecting to see. Most likely is simply clicking in the wrong place.
    Good point, what I was going off of is the fact that "go to matching transfer" was mentioned.  I certainly wouldn't expect that menu item except when right clicking on a transfer transaction.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherrie Buckridge
    Sherrie Buckridge Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much for your quick replies. As I have used Quicken for over 20 years, I could tell right away something was off. I thought maybe the update yesterday changed the program. I was clicking in the Memo and Category section. And I had to click twice to get the context menu. I am using the latest Home & Business subscription version.

This showed up yesterday after an update. Didn't have time to try to figure it out until today. There was another minor update today. Updated, didn't work. Closed and opened didn't work. Did a file validation, didn't fix it. I closed and opened again. It worked!!! Who knows?

Thanks again for your help. Maybe this will help someone else who might have this problem
  • KlisterKid
    KlisterKid Member ✭✭✭
    So is the solution above a) go to "edit" on the top, b) select Transaction, and c) then mouse over to Go to matching transfer? That makes so much more work. And then I have to do the same actions to return to the source transaction in the original account? Please!!!!!
  • That is what I had to do (a) go to "edit" on the top, b) select Transaction, and c) then mouse over to Go to matching transfer? ) until the program decided to work right. Hopefully it will right itself soon for you. No idea why it decided to work when it did.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Go to matching transfer is a special case.  We can just press Ctrl + Shift + X.

As a general solution for accessing the transaction context menu, I suggest pressing Esc until there are no fields highlighted in the transaction.  Then, a right-click anywhere on the transaction should reliably open the context menu.
This discussion has been closed.