How can you change the horizontal axis scale (time)?

Options
Adrenna
Adrenna Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I recently added a new security. When the graph for that portfolio comes up, the time starts at June 2020 but the data is only valid for May 2021. This makes the graph useless.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "How can you change the horizontal axis scale (time)?"
    WHERE???

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Adrenna
    Adrenna Member ✭✭
    Options
    In the investment accounts. Please see the screenshot below. And this is Quicken for Mac.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Above the chart, you are on the default setting of 1 year; you can click on YTD instead. That's the minimum amount of time to chart. (I'm not sure how useful a chart would be for an account just opened this month, but it's not an option.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Adrenna
    Adrenna Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yea, I found that but like you said, it's still useless. There needs to be a "graph just the available data" option.
  • jacobs
    Options
    I'm not sure how useful a chart is over a period of less than a month, but I'm not sure why the YTD chart is "useless". If I bought 100 shares of AMC in a new account on May 1 (Ha! Don't I wish!), here's the chart:

Is there space wasted by the four months before the purchase? Yes. But you can see a chart nonetheless, and it shows you the same info, just a little smaller, as you get with a one-month chart on some other stocks website:

• jacobs
    Options
    @Adrenna If you think this will be an important issue for you using Quicken Mac going forward, you can go to the area for submitting feature enhancement requests — Product Requests-Quicken for Mac > Investments (Mac) — and click on the blue New Idea button to create a new topic for a feature to allow more date ranges (such as 1 month, 3 months, 6 months) on Portfolio graphs in addition to the existing YTD, 1 year, 3 year, 5 year, 10 year and Max options. 
This discussion has been closed.