Using 2 computers- I need to re-enter all my passwords?

Larry Nedder
Larry Nedder Member ✭✭
What is going on. at one time I had quicken on my I-Mac & mac-book. latest update has it jacked up... i can not be logged into it on 2 devises and they require me to enter my passwords for all 9 accounts again and again. Also 1/2 my categories are now called Uncategorized.

How do

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Larry Nedder 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. 

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Larry Nedder
    Larry Nedder Member ✭✭
    Francisco- Thanks for reaching out, and I have called and talked to your team 3 times. (they claim it has always been this way and their hasn't been any updates)- FALSE... they then say I should just log out and use the web-based version... they say it is not designed to be used on 2 computers.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Larry Nedder  Can you clarify more about how you say you used to use Quicken? You could never* use it on two computers unless you passed the data file back and forth, or used the web interface one one device.

(*Some users have tried using Quicken with their data file on a shared device, such as iCloud or Dropbox; while this may work for a bit, it is not supported and typically leads to problems with performance, corrupted data, or being locked out of your data; Quicken is only designed to be used on a desktop computer with the data file locally on that computer. There are safe ways to move a file back and forth between two computers, but I won't go into that here because I'm not sure it's relevant to your situation.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Larry Nedder
    Larry Nedder Member ✭✭
    I have quicken on my desktop & laptop- (both mac's) I would save a back-up and air drop it to my lap-top. Work off the lap-top for a week. and then back it up and move to desk top when I get back home. Until the last update I never had to "connect to quicken cloud" or re-enter my passwords on all accounts...
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Okay, so I'm just confirming that moving the data file via backups the way you were doing should be A-OK. And you can definitely be logged into your Quicken account on more than one computer at a time; I do that all the time.

Unfortunately, I can't help you further with why it is asking you to re-enter your passwords on your accounts repeatedly. I wonder if you deleted the keychain entries for Quicken and start over with entering your passwords one more time, if they would then "stick"?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.