Unable to reconcile (Q Mac)

Options
BAG73
BAG73 Member ✭✭
Since early May I have been unable to reconcile 2 bank accounts from non-U.S. Banks. When I enter the closing balance for the reconcile and click next the closing balance goes blank and Quicken will not allow me to continue the reconcile. I have spent hours with support trying to resolve the issue including uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken, creating new accounts and trying to reconcile (which works for a bank connected to Quicken but not for one that is not). Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas?
Tagged:

Answers

• BAG73
    BAG73 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Additional note: What I've noticed that my accounts that are set up for Quicken connect have no trouble reconciling while my accounts that are web connect/downloaded files do not reconcile.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @BAG73

Thank you for visiting the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

A few questions to help me understand what could be happening.

First, when reconciling do you see an option to reconcile to the online balance? Although this account is not connected for transaction download, there should still be an option to use the online balance.  Do you see the same result when using this option reconcile?

What type of account is this? Checking, Savings, Credit Card? Last, what currency is this account listed in? Please let me know so we can investigate this issue further.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Just to slightly amend what @Quicken_Tyka wrote above: if the account is not connected for downloads, the reconcile screen will show the options to "Use Current balance" or "Use statement balance"; there is no "online balance since, of course, the account is not connected to pull in an online balance. "Current balance" is basically the same, but you enter the value manually.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BAG73
    BAG73 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do see an option to reconcile using the current balance but as Jacobs commented I have to manually enter it since this account is not connected for downloads. When I do this I encounter the same problem with the box where I entered the values going blank when I hit enter or next. The account is a checking account and is connected using Web Connect not Quicken Connect. This appears to be the issue. I set up a new account using Quicken Connect and it was able to reconcile without any problems. Since the account I have is from a bank that does not support Quicken I am unable to use Quicken connect.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I've tried this a few different ways with my manual accounts, and it works correctly each time. I don't have any accounts set up for Web Connect, but I downloaded a QFX file from my bank and uploaded it into Quicken. I was still able to make it past the the opening reconcile screen to the main reconcile screen. So I'm unfortunately at a dead end trying to replicate what you're experiencing. 

If no one else chimes in with other ideas, I'd suggest you call Quicken Support. They can have the representative screen share your Quicken so they can see what you're seeing. Hopefully they'll find what's going on, and if it doesn't work, they should be able to document the issue to pass on to the development team.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.