My FSA was moved to a new bank - how do I change my updates?

My FSA through work used to be on UMB Bank and it would update from within the account when I chose 'Update Transactions'. Now they have moved to Health Equity. I deactivated the old update, and changed the website in the account details. However, if I launch the 'Setup Online' wizard it still shows UMB Bank.

How do I change the financial institution associated with this account without having to close the account and transfer the funds to a new account?

I'm on Quicken Deluxe ver. R33.24 Build 27.12.33.24 on Windows 10

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well that is very strange.

Try this instead.  Click on the + icon in the Account Bar to bring up the Add Account dialog, go through setting up the account and you should get to a dialog that will allow you to link it to your existing account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • sjtideman
    sjtideman Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OK, I will give that a try, thanks!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deactivate old account
    Delete UMB name and account number
    Exit Q and restart Q (sometimes, w/o this step, it "remembers things"
    Activate account with HE

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• sjtideman
    sjtideman Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Thanks - here is my current issue - I can delete the account number, but I can't delete the UMB Bank in the Financial Institution field. Here is a screen shot of the Account Details - the FI is not an editable field. Is there another way to get to this field?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    sjtideman said:
    Thanks - here is my current issue - I can delete the account number, but I can't delete the Financial Institution. Here is a screen shot of the Account Details - the FI is not an editable field. Is there another way to get to this field?
    You didn't follow the first step, deactivate the account first.
    Account Details -> Online Services tab -> Deactivate
    Signature:
  • sjtideman
    sjtideman Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I had already done that when I posted my initial question.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well that is very strange.

Try this instead.  Click on the + icon in the Account Bar to bring up the Add Account dialog, go through setting up the account and you should get to a dialog that will allow you to link it to your existing account.
    Signature:
  • sjtideman
    sjtideman Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OK, I will give that a try, thanks!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your attached image, from 12:32pm, the name UMB Bank is showing.  That's proof that the account hadn't been deactivated when you took that snapshot.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• sjtideman
    sjtideman Member ✭✭✭
    Genius! It has now connected, downloaded my last month of data, and updated the Financial Institution! Thank you so much.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    sjtideman said:
    Genius! It has now connected, downloaded my last month of data, and updated the Financial Institution! Thank you so much.
    Your welcome, I'm glad I could help.
    Signature:
  • sjtideman
    sjtideman Member ✭✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > In your attached image, from 12:32pm, the name UMB Bank is showing.  That's proof that the account hadn't been deactivated when you took that snapshot.

I'm not sure what to tell you - I had removed the connection at the start, I don't know why it 'remembered' that financial institution. It had the option at the top right in the drop down to 'Set up Online' at that point, which made me think it had successfully been deactivated. And when I went to Online Services, it had 'Set up Now' as an option. However, instead of showing the list of 'popular institutions' it kept showing UMB. So I had certainly TRIED to deactivate it, but it did not work initially. Maybe if I had closed and relaunched Quicken at that point as Chris suggested it would have cleared.

Either way, it's a moot point for me now as I'm glad the switch worked.
This discussion has been closed.