Transaction not showing in Cash Flow

I had to enter two transactions under my wife's business expenses the other day, both for the category of Business rental for an additional shop she is taking over and tagged these with the new shop's name. In the Cash Flow summary under the Business tag on the main screen, it only shows the entry paid out of the business account. However, if I open as Cash Flow report which has everything ticked under all categories, it does the opposite and only shows the payment from the personal account.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @carljh

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

With the issue you're having it may be best contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They have the ability to screen share so we're able to figure out what is happening. to I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you. Additionally if they're not able to fix the issue let us know and we can see about making this an idea as well.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @carljh

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question although, I apologize that you have not received a response

What is the basis for this report, Cash or Accrual? To locate this information please see the steps below.

1. Click the Business tab
    2. Click the Reports button, and then select the report you want.
    3. Click Customize.
    4. Click the Advanced tab.
    5. In the Report Basis area, select Cash or Accrual.
    6. Click OK.
    To help determine which option you should use, please see the descriptions below.

What is cash-basis reporting?

A method of bookkeeping in which you regard income or expenses as occurring at the time you actually receive a payment or pay a bill. A cash-basis report shows income only if you've received it, and expenses only if you've paid them. For example, if you haven't received a payment for an invoice yet, a cash-basis report on your sales doesn't include the amount of the invoice.

What is accrual-basis reporting?

A method of bookkeeping in which you regard income or expenses as occurring at the time you ship a product, render a service or receive a purchase. Under this method, the time when you enter a transaction and the time when you actually pay or receive cash may be two separate events.

In Quicken, an accrual-basis report shows income regardless of whether all your customers have paid up, and expenses regardless of whether you've paid all your bills.

Please let me know if this is the cause of the missing transaction.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • carljh
    carljh Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. I would say that I am looking at an Accrual report but there is nothing about this under the advanced tab (see attached screenshot). I am using the Canadian version so don’t know if this makes a difference as I am in Australia and that version is nearer to our banking methods. The problem is really why 2 transactions under the same category but paid from different accounts don’t show up on the same report? One only shows up if I do a Cash Flow report and the other only under Cash Flow under the Business tab on the main screen. Also, how do you edit this Cash Flow tab?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @carljh

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The basis setting may not be available in all reports. Instead, can you navigate to "Accounts" and confirm that all of the accounts are selected?

Are these transactions transfers by chance? If so, there is an option to include transfers in the menu shown in the screenshot. 

Please let me know if either of these settings is the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • carljh
    carljh Member ✭✭
    I have found the problem in that one of the payments was from a personal account. When I go into the account list and into Display details, after changing it to Business it shows both transactions in the report. The problem is that it is only used for business if there are insufficient funds in my business accounts. Is there a way to have an account usable in both categories?

Thanks,

Carl
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @carljh

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The account will need to be a personal account or a business account there is not an option for both.

I have a few questions to help me isolate this issue further. Are you looking at the business view or the cash flow report from the report menu? Is this a payment or a transfer between accounts? Do the transactions that appear in the cash flow report contain a tag?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • carljh
    carljh Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. The 2 transactions showed up in the Business view after I temporarily changed the personal account to business. These were both payments and the one in the personal account had a tag. Are you going to put it out to the Community and is it possible to add the ability to use an account for both personal and business in the requested features section?

Thanks again for all your help.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @carljh

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

With the issue you're having it may be best contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They have the ability to screen share so we're able to figure out what is happening. to I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you. Additionally if they're not able to fix the issue let us know and we can see about making this an idea as well.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.