In reconciling credit card, online balance is +; Quicken balance is -; but same number

Options
The downloaded transactions are correct, but the "reconcile your account balance" page shows a plus "online balance" and my Quicken balance is a negative balance. The amounts are the same, just the opposite sign. Can I change the online balance? Is this a Quicken issue or perhaps my credit union?

Best Answer

• Jonel J
    Jonel J Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you, NotACPA. I had been using ofx/direct connect. Credit union advised me that last month it switched to Quicken Connect for Mac. I didn't realized it had changed. I reset my account to the Quicken Connect for Mac and all is well.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It sounds like it's your credit union. A credit card balance in Quicken should be negative. Does Quicken  allow you to change the balance to a negative number? I'm guessing not. If not, you should be able to try switching to Use Statement Balance on the right side, entering the balance manually as a negative number. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this the 1st time that you've reconciled this account?  PERHAPS, could you have input the "Opening Balance" reversed (saved as credit, should have been debit)?
    OR, at some point did you overpay on the account?
    OR, did a charge get doubled, or a payment deleted?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jonel J
    Jonel J Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you, NotACPA. I had been using ofx/direct connect. Credit union advised me that last month it switched to Quicken Connect for Mac. I didn't realized it had changed. I reset my account to the Quicken Connect for Mac and all is well.
  • Jonel J
    Jonel J Member ✭✭
    Options
    And thank you, Jacobs. As I mentioned above, it was a change at the credit union.
This discussion has been closed.