How do I change the embedded browser?

Options
My bank (Chase) keeps telling me to change my browser - but I can't see how to change the embedded browser. On my W10 PC I have the latest version of both Firefox and Edge, but Quicken still goes back to an old version of IE.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release of Quicken are you using?   US, Canadian or other country version? What is your subscription expiration date?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    Are you accessing your bank's website from a link within Quicken?
    May I recommend you use your favorite browser instead and bookmark your bank's website in it. That should make the bank happy.
    Oh, before I forget to ask: Which browser is configured as the Windows default browser? Be sure to set your favorite browser as the default.

• francis6437
    francis6437 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am using Deluxe V R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24 - US

When I am in Quicken and I want to update in order to reconcile it opens an old version of IE. Microsoft Edge is my default on the PC.

I do have the bank bookmarked in Edge but it would be easier and quicker if Quicken would default to that instead of IE.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Windows may be opening the browser you have set to be the default for the URL's protocol or file type.  I suggest you select Windows Settings > Apps > Default Apps and review Choose default apps by file type and Choose default apps by protocol to determine where you may have specified IE instead of Edge.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where exactly are you in Quicken that pulls up a web browser window to Chase?
    If Quicken is really using the embedded web browser there isn't any way change it.
    This stems from the fact that not all of the web browsers allow embedding, in fact only IE, and offshoot of Chrome.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • francis6437
    francis6437 Member
    Options
    Hi, when I do reconcile it asks if I want to update first - which is what I would like to do.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi, when I do reconcile it asks if I want to update first - which is what I would like to do.
    That path will invoke the embedded browser first.  You should then select Full Browser.

Instead of using reconcile (Ctrl + R) to initiate the update, I suggest using Update now (Ctrl + Alt + U).
This discussion has been closed.