Bank accounts not updating

Version R33.24 Quicken for Windows, My accounts, in particular Wells Fargo will not update without deactivating and reactivating the accounts each day. Anyone have any insight to this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for the additional information.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @dalrad1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist your further.

Before deactivating and reactivating, do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) when initially attempting to update your Wells Fargo accounts? Also, which connection method are you using to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• dalrad1
    dalrad1 Member ✭✭
    Hi! No error code is noted. I use Web Connect
  • dalrad1
    dalrad1 Member ✭✭
    Also, the message upon completion is the number of accounts updated but it always says s zero transactions downloaded.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for the additional information.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• dalrad1
    dalrad1 Member ✭✭
    Anja:
    I followed your guidance and was able to get the outstanding transactions to download to the registers. Wells Fargo does not update transactions until Monday or even Tuesday of each week. I will try an update then and see if the fix will stick. Thanks so much for your time!
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome and thanks for the update! If the issue resurfaces, please don't hesitate to reach back out. :)

-Quicken Anja

• dalrad1
    dalrad1 Member ✭✭
    Anja, 6/15/2021 when attempting to do one-step update, not of the accounts updated. I had to deactivate and reactivate the Wells Fargo Account to in order to download the transactions; many days of transactions finally downloaded. Also, I have been receiving an error code of CC-505 for one of my other banks for approximately 1 week. Any thoughts on this one.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dalrad1 said:
    Anja, 6/15/2021 when attempting to do one-step update, not of the accounts updated. I had to deactivate and reactivate the Wells Fargo Account to in order to download the transactions; many days of transactions finally downloaded. Also, I have been receiving an error code of CC-505 for one of my other banks for approximately 1 week. Any thoughts on this one.

Wells Fargo is one can of worms. Please review the Community and take a look at all the other discussions and complaints.
    Error CC 505 is another one, but it might resolve itself depending on what bank it is.
    Please review https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-505 for more information

This discussion has been closed.