Viewing historical data in Planner

Hi guys,

Anyone know if it's possible to view historical versions of Planner's projections? For example, let's say that as of today (after the booming market we've had over the last 6 months) Lifetime Planner projects that , I'll have $50 million at retirement ( :o )and I'll run out of money after 16 years ( :'( ). If I'm curious to see how much it projected I would have at retirement as of 4/15/20, when the market tanked at the beginning of the covid lockdown, is there a way to view that info?

I tried restoring a backup (from 2 years ago), but quickly realized that did not accomplish my goal. If I had looked at that 2-year-old file back then, Planner would include 2 additional years worth of ROI and 2 years worth of additional contributions to my retirement accts. But plucking it out of time and looking at it now, Planner is not including the returns or the contributions for those two years.

Thanks!

Answers

• LeaningTower
    LeaningTower Member ✭✭
    > But plucking it out of time and looking at it now, Planner is not including the returns or the contributions for those two years.

I should have specified that Planner is not including the "projected" returns or contributions for those two years.

I could update the restored file. but that also would not accomplish my goal b/c it would then be starting from today's numbers (i.e. the actual contributions and ROI over the last couple of years)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest temporarily reseting the computer's system clock to 4/15/2020 when viewing the Lifetime Planning in the restored file.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    LTP doesn't keep historical plan results, as you guessed.  My only solution is to take screen grabs yearly.  For me, I take screen grabs yearly during my annual review -  one grab showing current year, one grab showing ending year.  The grabs show the full results table for each of those years.

There are a few Idea threads out there, requesting: 1.  Quicken to create/save a more formal report and 2.  Quicken to allow export of LTP results to Excel.

Have a look at these and vote on them if you beleive they may provide a solution.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874404/lifetime-planner-idea-export-plan-results-graph-data-to-excel

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7493442/printing-out-the-results-of-the-lifetime-planner

This discussion has been closed.