Reconcile Online Balance Date and amount is incorrect

my Reconcile Online Balance Date and amount is incorrect. Today is 6/22/21 and it says 1/25/2021. I downloaded all transactions from my bank today before trying to reconcile.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @Jeff Abuya

Thanks for the update. That is very odd that it shows as 0 now. I'd like to see if that is consistent in a copy of the file as well. First you'll want to make sure you're on patch R34.16. You can check by going across the top to help > check for updates.

Once you've done this we'll want to create a copy of your file. You can do this by going across the top to File > Copy or backup file > Create a copy or template > Next > Save copy. Choose to load the new copy. This copy will have no active downloads as with the copy they are all disconnected.

Once you've done this we'll connect the accounts again by going across the top to tools > add account. Add your accounts again as you've done previously and link them to existing accounts. From there check again if the all the amounts are incorrect again.

Once you get the chance let us know if you experience the same issue. From there we'll see our next step.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jeff Abuya,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, is this issue only happening for one account in particular, or multiple/all accounts?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jeff Abuya
    Jeff Abuya Member ✭✭
    Deluxe Version R33.24. Appears to be all accounts for from my Credit union.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Hello @Jeff Abuya

Since it seems to primarily only be accounts from your FI I'm wondering here if we may need to reset the accounts connection in order to get them functioning properly again. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you've had the chance to attempt these steps let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Jeff Abuya
    Jeff Abuya Member ✭✭
    Now my account totals are off and i see an online balance of Zero on all accounts. See picture.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @Jeff Abuya

Thanks for the update. That is very odd that it shows as 0 now. I'd like to see if that is consistent in a copy of the file as well. First you'll want to make sure you're on patch R34.16. You can check by going across the top to help > check for updates.

Once you've done this we'll want to create a copy of your file. You can do this by going across the top to File > Copy or backup file > Create a copy or template > Next > Save copy. Choose to load the new copy. This copy will have no active downloads as with the copy they are all disconnected.

Once you've done this we'll connect the accounts again by going across the top to tools > add account. Add your accounts again as you've done previously and link them to existing accounts. From there check again if the all the amounts are incorrect again.

Once you get the chance let us know if you experience the same issue. From there we'll see our next step.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Jeff Abuya
    Jeff Abuya Member ✭✭
    This appears to have worked. It changed some of my running balances though. After a time I think I have that figured out. It appears that I had to remove my opening account balance entry (first one on the account) to make them reconcile once again. Thank you all for the help.