PayPal issues

metaleonid
metaleonid Member ✭✭
Hello, I haven't been able to be downloading PayPal transactions since after February 6th now. Has anyone else experienced same problems? I'm able to login to PayPal directly with no problems. Called Quicken support a few times but they are NOT helpful at all.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @metaleonid

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Could you let us know some more details of what exactly is happening? Are you getting any error or is it just not downloading? What troubleshooting did you do with support as well? Are any other accounts having issues or is it just PayPal?

Once we're able to know some more information we should be able to see what we can try to get your PayPal connection back up and running. Let us know once you get the chance.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    Hello, I can provide screenshot. Sometimes it just can't connect to the PayPal institution at all. Sometimes it can't but wouldn't download transactions with the following error:
    Download Error (-28)
    FI_TIMEOUT: ccscrape.102:System is having technical difficultiy.
    How can I provide a screenshot?

It only happens with PayPal
  • Quicken Francisco
    @metaleon

Thanks for the update. I'll leave an article down below on how to screenshot on your mac. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

Note: You may need to drag your photos into the response box to be able to add it.

Once you get the chance let us know more and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    Here's the screenshot
  • Quicken Francisco
    @metaleonid

Thanks for the photo with the errors.  Lets try to see if we may be able to connect in a test file. This will let us know whether we'll need to escalate the issue or not. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web. 

Once you've done this try connecting your PayPal to the file. Let us know if you're able to connect. From there we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    I've tried it before and no, I wasn't able to download. Trying it again. And no, I can't connect. I'm getting this (see screenshot). I used to be getting this one before. When it passed this error (i.e. it would connect), but it would timeout to download transactions. As I mentioned, this has nothing to do with my connection. This is on your (Quicken) side of things.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @metaleonid

Thanks for letting me know. With an Aggregator in error code we'll need to collect logs and so that we're able to find out exactly what is happening. You'll want to contact Quicken Support when you get the chance so we're able to do so. I'll leave our hours down below as well.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    I had previously contacted quicken support and I sent the log files as instructed. It's been a week. No response and no resolution.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @metaleonid

Thanks for letting me know. Do you by chance have a ticket number? I'd like to check to see if they potentially escalated the issue or not. If you do please let me know so I can take a look. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    I do:

And by the way, now I'm getting the same thing for AMEX
  • Quicken Francisco
    @metaleonid

Thanks for letting me know. I have double checked your ticket and it is has been escalated. That means we're currently working on it but I don't have an ETA when it'll be fixed. 

As it goes for your Amex you'd need to also contact support so they're able to check logs. If it's a similar aggregation in error you're receiving they may need to escalate again as well but they'll let you know more once it's been checked. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    I just received this email from Quicken support. This makes absolutely no sense. I do NOT receive any statement from PayPal. And if I do, all communications are done via email. Please investigate!

I am following up regarding your recent inquiry regarding PayPal. The Financial Institution requires customer to setup paperless statement and consent to additional terms and conditions. Please login to the FI website directly and follow the procedure to update paperless statement setting. After that, customer can login to the Quicken product. Thank you.

Have a great day!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @metaleonid  Did you reply to the email you received from Quicken Support? I' think you'd do better advancing this with whoever at Quicken who was looking into the issue rather than back in this forum. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    I did. Then I got a follow up to which I also replied that I already have a case number:

I am following up regarding your recent inquiry regarding PayPal. At this time you will need to try to connect the accounts again if they do not work you will need to contact customer support The Quicken Support phone number is 650-250-1900. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.
  • metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    So I guess nobody is going to fix this issue.
  • metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    Hello, now I am getting this.
  • cookydeacon
    cookydeacon Member
    I am having the same problem. Has not downloaded transactions since April 4. No error message comes up. There is every indication it connected, But nothing there.
    I have sent numerous messages to support and have not seen a response.

Capital One 360 works, but having connection issues with Fulton Bank
  • jacobs
    I have sent numerous messages to support and have not seen a response.
    @cookydeacon There is no way to send a message to Quicken Support. If you used the "Report a Problem" feature in the Quicken application, it clearly states that they will investigate but will not respond to such problem reports.

You might want to contact Quicken Support via either chart or phone. Phone is generally preferred, because the support agent can, with your permission, screen share your Quicken and review the internal log files to look for a reason for the problem; if a solution can't be found, they can escalate connectivity problems to the Quicken team that deals with such issues.
  • metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    Update. It's been 3 months since I reported it to the forum and Quicken has NOT fixed the problem. Absolutely DO NOTHING SUPPORT. VERY DISAPPOINTED.
  • jacobs
    @metaleonid As noted above, reporting a problem in this forum does not accomplish anything because this is not Quicken Support. Have you followed up with Quicken Support since your last message 3 months ago? Other users have apparently been able to download from PayPal, so there's likely something specific with your account at PayPal and Quicken which is not allowing access properly. I'm afraid that only following up with Quicken Support is going to bring you to a resolution to your problem. 
  • metaleonid
    metaleonid Member ✭✭
    Update: I changed the connection to point to the institution PayPal Prepaid Card. All PayPal accounts are now working perfectly. Support was not able to resolve it. I did. It'd be best if support took notes of this trick for the future references.
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still having issues with PayPal Extras Mastercard.  I've changed the connection to the other options including "PayPal Prepaid Card"  that the previous poster used and transactions still will not download.  Not sure what to do next.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
This discussion has been closed.