Incorrect Display Scaling

Options
ppeters
ppeters Member ✭✭
I've got a 13" laptop and an external 24" monitor. The recommended settings for my laptop display are 1920x1280, scaling at 150%. My external monitor is 1920x1280, scaling at 100%.

When I move Quicken out to the external monitor and tell it to maximize on the display, Quicken creates a window that's too big for the display (extending to the right beyond the edge of the monitor). I did a little experimenting and verified that, if I change the scaling on the main (13") display to 100% instead of 150%, Quicken behaves correctly. I then changed the scaling on both displays to be 150% and Quicken behaved correctly. It's only when the scaling does not match between the 2 monitors that there is a problem.

So, I'm guessing that when the program tries to maximize, it uses the main display's scaling instead of the scaling for the display that it's on.
Tagged:

Answers

• ppeters
    ppeters Member ✭✭
    Options
    I forgot to add that my displays are configured as "extended".
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you set monitor on which you intend to open Quicken to be the main display.
  • ppeters
    ppeters Member ✭✭
    Options
    That might work if I always used Quicken on the same monitor. The monitor that it lands on will change, depending on where I am. If I'm at home, I'll use the big monitor. If I'm not home, I've only got the small monitor.

I can work around this by dragging the corners of the window to be where I want them to be. I'm not out of business. It's still a bug. The software is making an incorrect assumption.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    ppeters said:
    That might work if I always used Quicken on the same monitor. The monitor that it lands on will change, depending on where I am. If I'm at home, I'll use the big monitor. If I'm not home, I've only got the small monitor.

I can work around this by dragging the corners of the window to be where I want them to be. I'm not out of business. It's still a bug. The software is making an incorrect assumption.
    Yes.  It is known issue that has existed for over a decade.  Another work around is to right-click on the mini-view (hover the mouse cursor over the Quicken icon in the task bar until the mini-view appears).  Selecting Restore or Maximize to appear on the main display.  We can also select Move and use the arrow keys if the Quicken window is not visible.
This discussion has been closed.