Improve connection doesn't work

When I try to use "Improve connection" for an account it doesn't do anything. Something in the back end seems to auto-select the connection type and continues to pick the sub-optimal one. Some banks just won't ever improve. With Chase I have some accounts using Direct Connect that was setup long ago, but a new account (just from getting a replacement credit card) was setup as Express Web Connect and will not let me improve it to Direct Connect no matter what I do.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Chase, you have to go to their website and "approve" the Direct Connect downloads before Quicken can make the connection.  Search for Quicken on the Chase website for instructions.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• BradClarke
    BradClarke Member ✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > With Chase, you have to go to their website and "approve" the Direct Connect downloads before Quicken can make the connection.  Search for Quicken on the Chase website for instructions.

As I said, I've already got some accounts using Direct Connect at Chase, so this is already done.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of trying to use Improve Connection, deactivate the account.  Then start Add Account (+ sign on the account bar).  Type in Chase and select Advanced Options.  Select Direct Connect and proceed until you get to the point where you see the accounts.  Be sure to link the online account to your existing account in Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BradClarke
    BradClarke Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Instead of trying to use Improve Connection, deactivate the account.  Then start Add Account (+ sign on the account bar).  Type in Chase and select Advanced Options.  Select Direct Connect and proceed until you get to the point where you see the accounts.  Be sure to link the online account to your existing account in Quicken.

I tried that initially. Chase doesn't show any accounts when it gets to that point even though I've already got 3 Direct Connect accounts setup. This is a known issue.

Attempting to do this without disabling the EWC account just gives an error about using multiple connection methods for one bank.

The whole thing is broken.