How can I print my scheduled transactions(bills & income) list? (Q Mac)

Options
I want to be able to print a list of all my upcoming scheduled transactions. Comman + P doesn't work and I haven't found any options to do so in the pulldown menus.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Regarding scheduled transactions... is there any way to delete a scheduled transaction? Or edit it? For instance if the amount changes such as SocietySecurity increasing the amount every year.
    @Joanne Connellan Another easy way to edit scheduled transactions is right in your register. If you have the register set to show one or more instances of scheduled transactions,** simply double-click on the next instance of the gray transaction and a small drop-down menu will appear under the transaction:

Delete all instances will delete all future occurrences of this transaction (it does not affect ones in the past).

Edit All Instances allows you to edit the transaction as you would any other transaction, and when you re-Save the transaction, the changes will apply to all future instances. So, when your Social Security payment changes at the start of a year, double-click the next scheduled gray transaction, edit the amount you receive and any splits you may have for the payment, and you'll be set until the rate changes again.

**If you don't see any future scheduled transaction in your register, you can control this on the upper right side of the register, just below the Search box: there's a little clock icon, and you can click the "v" icon to the right of it. 

Select either "Next One Due" or some time interval, such as "Next 30 Days", and then you'll see the future scheduled transactions in the register. Note that this is controlled on a  register-by-register basis, so you could have different settings for your checking account register, credit card account register, All Transactions register, etc.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Options
    As you've seen, there is no way to print the Bills & Income screen. That seems like a good suggestion for a new feature, and in fact there's an existing Idea thread requesting just such a feature. I suggest you take a second to visit this page and add your vote for the feature by clicking the little arrow under the vote total in the yellow box.

Here's a workaround…
    • In the left sidebar, click on All Transactions. 
    • On the far right side under the Search box, click the "v" icon to the right of the little clock. Select "Next One Due" or "Next 30 Days" or whatever you want -- but be aware this will also change this setting for all your account registers. If that's not a problem for you, continue**…
    • Your upcoming schedule transactions appear in gray, mostly above the green "today" line (but possibly a few below the line if you haven't yet market the transactions pair or deposited). Click on the first one and Shift click on the last one to highlight them all
    • Select Print or Command-P, and in the pop-up dialog box select "Include: Selected Transactions Only"
    • Click OK to generate a report of the scheduled transactions
    (**If you prefer to show different durations of scheduled transactions in different accounts, you'll have to do the above procedure for each individual account for which you have scheduled transactions.)

• Joanne Connellan
    Options
    Regarding scheduled transactions, I also agree with getting a list of scheduled transactions. Also is there any way to delete a scheduled transaction? Or edit it? For instance if the amount changes such as SocietySecurity increasing the amount every year.
  • Gilbert
    Gilbert Member
    Options
    On my Mac I can left click to select (highlight) the scheduled transaction and right click it to reveal a pulldown menu. From the menu you can select the function you want to use, which includes a one time edit of a transaction or an edit of the schedule. You can also use the "Transaction" pulldown menu on the task bar but you may not get a complete list of options. I hope this helps .
  • Gilbert
    Gilbert Member
    Options
    Two more important points I failed to mention:

Right clicking the selected transaction will produce two slightly different menus depending on whether the transaction has already been paid or is waiting to be paid.

If it's still waiting to be paid, the menu includes the "Edit Schedule" option about half way down the list. When selected, you can edit the "Details", "Schedule" or both.
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Regarding scheduled transactions... is there any way to delete a scheduled transaction? Or edit it? For instance if the amount changes such as SocietySecurity increasing the amount every year.
    @Joanne Connellan Another easy way to edit scheduled transactions is right in your register. If you have the register set to show one or more instances of scheduled transactions,** simply double-click on the next instance of the gray transaction and a small drop-down menu will appear under the transaction:

Delete all instances will delete all future occurrences of this transaction (it does not affect ones in the past).

Edit All Instances allows you to edit the transaction as you would any other transaction, and when you re-Save the transaction, the changes will apply to all future instances. So, when your Social Security payment changes at the start of a year, double-click the next scheduled gray transaction, edit the amount you receive and any splits you may have for the payment, and you'll be set until the rate changes again.

**If you don't see any future scheduled transaction in your register, you can control this on the upper right side of the register, just below the Search box: there's a little clock icon, and you can click the "v" icon to the right of it. 

Select either "Next One Due" or some time interval, such as "Next 30 Days", and then you'll see the future scheduled transactions in the register. Note that this is controlled on a  register-by-register basis, so you could have different settings for your checking account register, credit card account register, All Transactions register, etc.
  • Gilbert
    Gilbert Member
    Options
    Jacob, you rock! Thanks for the tips. I'll pass on the print schedule work around though; that's more than I want to store in my brain. However, the tip on showing register reminders is a simpler solution to being able to print my schedule it is repetitive, showing every instance. It is still very helpful! Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.