One step update not working

This discussion was created from comments split from: One Step Update Not Working.

Comments

• dontex
    dontex Member ✭✭
    One step update not working for my credit card and banking accounts
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @dontex

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your one step update. Could we get some more information on the issue you're having. Are you receiving any error messages when trying to download transactions. Are any accounts downloading or are all accounts having issues? Are your investments working properly if you have any?

When you get the chance please let us know more and we'll see what we can do in order to resolve the issue you're having

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• PatrickJ
    PatrickJ Member
    Not trying hijack the thread, but couldn't find email addy for Quicken Francisco. Haven't heard from you and any possible solution to my problem, been over 1 week. Anything?
  • dontex
    dontex Member ✭✭
    All 12 of my banking accounts are not working both of my credit card accounts are not working. one Investment seem to be working okay
  • dontex
    dontex Member ✭✭
    None of my banking accounts have worked since June 28 and I try every day.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    No bank accounts downloading since installing latest Win 10 update. Multiple banks, multiple accounts. No error message. Everything "appears" to work correctly except there are no updates.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @PatrickJ said:
    > Not trying hijack the thread, but couldn't find email addy for Quicken Francisco. Haven't heard from you and any possible solution to my problem, been over 1 week. Anything?

@Quicken Francisco
  • My account has not been able to update since July 7 either. Out of nowhere and yes this was the same time I did the most recent windows update as well so that might be a factor. It just brings up the list of accounts and acts like I have never entered the passwords before but even after I enter than it does nothing. Can't get it to respond at all and I've tried everything. Sounds like I'm not alone out there. I have been tempted to make the move to Quickbooks, but after being with Quicken for 24 years that is not a move I really want to make unless forced to. May be time?
  • garyalan59
    garyalan59 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I've been having the same problem. I've been manually downloading for the past two weeks. What the heck is going on?
  • garyalan59
    garyalan59 Member ✭✭
    > @MichiganRealEstate said:
    > My account has not been able to update since July 7 either. Out of nowhere and yes this was the same time I did the most recent windows update as well so that might be a factor. It just brings up the list of accounts and acts like I have never entered the passwords before but even after I enter than it does nothing. Can't get it to respond at all and I've tried everything. Sounds like I'm not alone out there. I have been tempted to make the move to Quickbooks, but after being with Quicken for 24 years that is not a move I really want to make unless forced to. May be time?

Regarding a shift to QuickBooks, my two cents worth here - totally not worth it. QuickBooks is great for accountants, but makes zero sense to me.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @MichiganRealEstate said:
    > My account has not been able to update since July 7 either. Out of nowhere and yes this was the same time I did the most recent windows update as well so that might be a factor. It just brings up the list of accounts and acts like I have never entered the passwords before but even after I enter than it does nothing. Can't get it to respond at all and I've tried everything. Sounds like I'm not alone out there. I have been tempted to make the move to Quickbooks, but after being with Quicken for 24 years that is not a move I really want to make unless forced to. May be time?

All - here is how I resolved my problem. In the download dialog box, I unchecked "sync to quicken cloud." Instantly (literally) all my downloaded transactions suddenly appeared. This feature seems to cause recurring issues in Quicken.
  • sbiker
    sbiker Member
    Accounts Not Updated -
    The One Step Update no longer works. The One Step Update Progress window would pop up. I can see some accounts show Complete while others show Process data....But then the window disappears and no accounts get updated. I have been trying to update my accounts everyday for over a week.
  • Robert Pressler
    Robert Pressler Member ✭✭
    One step update is not working. I get a message to try again later. Sometimes restarting Quicken works but not always .
  • WHB
    WHB Member
    When will Quicken restore the One Step update process???
  • Robert Pressler
    the one step update doesn't work and updating individual accounts does not work. Just get a message that an error has occurred, shows up as QL-297-A. This needs to be fixed ASAP rather than later!!!!!!
  • Robert Pressler
    I am using R34-24 for windows and have tried everything I can think of to get my accounts to download. I also went to the bank account and downloaded to a QFX file and Quicken can not import it. I badly need this fixed. I have 10 accounts and none of them work_ error QL-297-A
    933491 Member
    CC-503
    933491 Member
    That number is the issue for connecting to bank
  • len14
    len14 Member
    I have to add my complaint to the list. Beginning in early July when the latest system update pushed out my bank accounts and credit cards quit updating. I am using Version R34.24. These worked fine before the update. When I click "one-step-update", the message displayed is " Your data is being synced to our improved update process.... This is a one time process...."

Well, I get the message every time and yet, no accounts update. When I tried to update my bank passwords the message says it is not necessary to use passwoeds since Quicken linked to an aggregation server. Well --- This is obviously a failure. When is it going to be fixed?
  • Les Ruster
    Les Ruster Member
    My One Step Update has not worked since a sync to the new online data file for quicken began. One Step says it is doing a onetime update to the online file then after it completes all my accounts say waiting and nothing updates. I know there are updates as have checked with each institution online and could see cleared transaction, but yet nothing downloads.
    I get this every time Quicken is started.
  • kburch
    kburch Member ✭✭
    Same experience as those above. Please help.
  • Version R34.24 will not update. Same issue for the last week or so
  • hdmichaels
    hdmichaels Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue not able to download transactions since 8/3.
  • netsirk203
    netsirk203 Member
    Same issue started 8/2 for me. I believe my software updated recently, so thinking that caused it. Version R34.24 as well.
  • roninct
    roninct Member
    I'm having the same issue while using R34.24
  • Kyler
    Kyler Member
    Francisco: I am having similar difficulty with my on line Subscription and using Express Web Connect. I hit update, connection occurs and downloading appears to be processing. However, the system downloads 0 transactions for 4 accounts and updates the last download to today's date. Being able to efficiently download accounts is a critical item for me in selecting software and a banking institution. Help?
  • wzimmer3
    wzimmer3 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue - One Step Update processes as few (showing as Complete), then locks, ("not responding"), then asks "wait for program to respond" or "close program" Started when I was trying to resolve another issue, Help ran me through the Edit-Preferences-Quicken ID & Closed Accounts - sign in as different user....since then, One Step Update doesn't work, and Cloud Synch does the same on close
  • See
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7894355/one-step-update-doesnt-update?_ics=1628805304227&irclickid=~gBEQNEQLEPR.NLHDxvoeca40QRHIFxoi~3YNLJBxn
  • ronaldet
    ronaldet Member ✭✭
    Accounts Not Updated -
    The One Step Update no longer works. The One Step Update Progress window would pop up. I can see some accounts show Complete while others show Process data....But then the window disappears and no accounts get updated. I have been trying to update my accounts everyday for over a week. Same issue for me. In fact, only 4 purchases of 6 imported and cleared same time confirmed with Quicken geek. I hope quicken fixes the one step process. So frustrating and they don't even tell us they are working on a problem. Why do so many people have the same issues? R35.23
  • lparvin
    lparvin Member
    I am having same issue with One step uddate. cant download from my institution from QFX file, but not one step update
This discussion has been closed.