Wells Fargo account downloaded qfx file not importing into Quicken

Longtime quicken home and business user. Running Windows version R33.24, build 27.1.33.24. I use web-connect to download banking transactions from Wells Fargo account (QFX file). The last two times I loaded the qfx files, quicken failed to import the transactions. Help!

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    What error message did you receive, when Quicken failed to import the transactions ?

If you did not receive an error message, I suggest you confirm that the QFX file includes transactions you have not previously imported.
  • TravelnMan
    TravelnMan Member ✭✭
    No error msgs. I update almost daily and confirmed the new, posted transactions have not been previously imported. Strange!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    No error msgs. I update almost daily and confirmed the new, posted transactions have not been previously imported. Strange!
    Have you confirmed the QFX file you are downloading includes the new, posted transactions that have not previously imported?
  • TravelnMan
    TravelnMan Member ✭✭
    Hmm...good idea. I opened the qfx file in excel and the transactions are not there. File appeared to only include account information and other miscellaneous protocol data. I'll check again next Monday after WF servers have had some time to update accounts. Thanks for the suggestions Sherlock! Very helpful. :)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @TravelnMan Just so you know, you should open QFX files in a text editor like Notepad, not Excel.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TravelnMan
    TravelnMan Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the tip Chris!
  • TravelnMan
    TravelnMan Member ✭✭
    FU on original problem. After waiting a couple of business days, Wells Fargo server has now been updated and Web Connect transactions are importing into QHB as expected. Thanks to Sherlock and Chris_QPW for helpful comments! :)
  • LyleAbel
    LyleAbel Member
    I have current Quicken software..error 502 when download attempted from wells fargo..no one takes responsibility for the problem...have tried everything ...weeks of frustration...
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    LyleAbel said:
    I have current Quicken software..error 502 when download attempted from wells fargo..no one takes responsibility for the problem...have tried everything ...weeks of frustration...
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: UPDATED 7/13/21 Wells Fargo Returns CC-502/102, OL-297 or OL-301 Error