Mutual fund merging into another one

pbrule
pbrule Member ✭✭
edited July 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Recently, the mutual fund NBC837 was terminated and all the shares I owned of this fund were exchanged for NBC924 shares. Is there a function that does this directly in Quicken? For this case, I registered a sale of NBC837 shares followed by a purchase of NBC924 shares, which is not what really happened. There must be a better way that does not involve selling and buying shares.
Thank you.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    use 'shares added' and 'shares removed' for the two entries.....
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I believe using "Corporate Acquisition (stock for stock)" is the preferred method.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pbrule
    pbrule Member ✭✭
    I thought this function was used when company A bought company B using a transfer of shares. The ratio of share values would be used to determine the number of shares of A acquired equivalent to the number of shares of B that are deleted.
  • pbrule
    pbrule Member ✭✭
    Mark, although the shares added and shares removed method is by far the simplest method to use, it does not keep track of the total value of the exchange and the quotes used for both securities at the moment of the exchange.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this case it's NBC924 "buying" NBC837.  Corp Acq should work well.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• pbrule
    pbrule Member ✭✭
    Thank you all, I did use the Corp Acq function with success. I didn't expect, however, the number of "added" NBC924 transactions generated for the single "Removed" NBC837 transaction processed, but it works well.